Inflatable Boat With Trolling Motor

toca

Just Wondering How These Sevylor Inflatable Boats Are.

Bought This 25lbs Thrust Trolling Motor Last Summer But Never Got Around To Getting A Boat Or Canoe. Was Thinking Of Getting One Of Sevylor Fish Hunter Series But Wanted To See If I Should Wait A Couple More Years To Get A Real Boat And Figure Out Where To Store It In Toronto.

Any Info Would Help.

Cheer,

Ted

I had one in highschool and loved it. It sure beat being stuck on shore. I just put a thin plywood floor on the bottom after it was inflated. They say 4 person, but 2 people is more than enough. There's a decent deal on one here in london on Kijiji... they want $100 but I'm sure you could get it for less. If I had some extra cash kickin' around I'd buy it for a couple of ponds I like to fish...

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-canoes-kayaks-paddle-4-Adult-or-814lbs-Inflatable-Boat-W0QQAdIdZ195431401

Cheers,

Ryan

My friend bought one and we both had high hopes of new fishing adventures in it. Well that lasted about 1 maybe 2 trips out. Honestly like the third trip im at the front of the boat and say to my friend " hey this thing is leaking air up here" he's like stop joking with me. I'm like serious. Well the seam let go and it started to leak. He tried a cheap repair job and like the next time out again it started to leak someplace else. Bottom line in my opinion this boat was a piece of junk. He ended up throwing it in the garbage. Do yourself a favour and save up for a real inflatable if you want one. That boat is a glorified pool toy.

Get yourself a small aluminum, much more sturdy, and safer, and it might cost you an extra 100 bucks.

Given OPs post, he can't store it and the long term cost of storing an aluminum would pile up. At least with an inflatable he could have it on the go (rather than first driving to the storage, and then heading off). Inflatables aren't that dangerous, hypalon is a very strong and resistant material.

my buddy and I split on a sevylor fish and hunter series, the 12' model....it's a carp to paddle around, trolling motor for srue...I was impressed with our model, a plywood floor will make it sturdier....I know sevylor makes a lot of inflatable boats, perhaps some of the models are just beach toys but the fish hunter series is good enough to fish with for sure....we eventually put a hole in ours but that was our own fault, bumped into a metal rod sticking out near shore....it was easily patched and was good to go again...we bumped and drifted over many trees without doing damage though....you can buy an addition skin/skirt for the boat which might be a good idea

if that's your only option I wouldn't say scrap it, just be smart with it when you're on the water...but if you an save up a bit more you can find plenty of used canoes in that price range as well

My friend bought one and we both had high hopes of new fishing adventures in it. Well that lasted about 1 maybe 2 trips out. Honestly like the third trip im at the front of the boat and say to my friend " hey this thing is leaking air up here" he's like stop joking with me. I'm like serious. Well the seam let go and it started to leak. He tried a cheap repair job and like the next time out again it started to leak someplace else. Bottom line in my opinion this boat was a piece of junk. He ended up throwing it in the garbage. Do yourself a favour and save up for a real inflatable if you want one. That boat is a glorified pool toy.

What did you use to inflate it? If you use a hand pump, foot pump or even an air compressor, it's very easy to over-inflate it. Once you've over-inflated it once, the seams will be weakened and leaks will be all over the place. I had first hand experience. The best way is to use a electric fan pump. These pumps are usually very weak and won't be able to inflate it beyond a certain safe air pressure. You don't need it to be 100% firm anyway.

You don't need it to be 100% firm anyway.

oh man there are some bad places this could go :whistling:

all the best for your search for boat. I don't know much about these inflatables, so I'd probably vote for small canoe instead or even a small jon boat

What did you use to inflate it? If you use a hand pump, foot pump or even an air compressor, it's very easy to over-inflate it. Once you've over-inflated it once, the seams will be weakened and leaks will be all over the place. I had first hand experience. The best way is to use a electric fan pump. These pumps are usually very weak and won't be able to inflate it beyond a certain safe air pressure. You don't need it to be 100% firm anyway.

Yes we used a hand pump to pump it up. We pumped it up firm. I don't know if we over inflated it. Everything looked normal. I guess over inflating it was possible. I bought a titan inflatable boat. It's made of the same stuff a zodiac is made of. I spent a lot more money on it but was much happier and safer. I guess with all things some have good experiences and some bad. Ultimately the choice is yours it what you decide to buy.

Hey People,

Thanks for the feed back. Very Much Appreciated. The Canoe And Small Boats Are My First Choice But The Fact That I Dont Have Any Storage For A Canoe Or Small Boat. However I Did End Up With A Sevylor 4 Person Boat. Wanna Try It Out On Simcoe(anyone know where I can find parking at cook's bay?) Or Rice Lake. Tired Of This Shore Fishing. Also I Can Finally Fish Around The Humber Bay To See Whats In There.

Thanks,

ReTodd

Yes we used a hand pump to pump it up. We pumped it up firm. I don't know if we over inflated it. Everything looked normal. I guess over inflating it was possible. I bought a titan inflatable boat. It's made of the same stuff a zodiac is made of. I spent a lot more money on it but was much happier and safer. I guess with all things some have good experiences and some bad. Ultimately the choice is yours it what you decide to buy.

We also have a Titan for a couple years, it's been good so far.

We also have a Titan for a couple years, it's been good so far.

Ya I had mine for 3 years. I sold it and bought a bigger aluminum boat. I loved that boat. I could go anywhere and it was super stable. Great boat if you don't have a place to store it or a trailer to tow a boat. I would recommend it to anyone.

Hey People,

Thanks for the feed back. Very Much Appreciated. The Canoe And Small Boats Are My First Choice But The Fact That I Dont Have Any Storage For A Canoe Or Small Boat. However I Did End Up With A Sevylor 4 Person Boat. Wanna Try It Out On Simcoe(anyone know where I can find parking at cook's bay?) Or Rice Lake. Tired Of This Shore Fishing. Also I Can Finally Fish Around The Humber Bay To See Whats In There.

Thanks,

ReTodd

Whoa !!!! watch out for those winds and fast storms on Simcoe in a dinghy

I OWN A SEVYLOR FISH HUNTER 360 THE 12 FT RATED FOR 1200 LBS

Best investment i ever did make, i have been looking for a 3 Hp to put on it, cause that it is what its rated for. Only problemis its retarded to row liek a huge bath tub in the water. My buddy owns a Sea Hawk with a 30 lb thurst, we had 5 guys, 3 on my boat and 2 on the seahwak. He towed us out of Fishmasters so we could fish the grand. Thats right a 30 lb thrust motor towed 5 guys in 2 inflatables to catch some kitties at night, If you can't afford the storage or want something small and versatile, Sevylor all the way.

But why bother dumping 300+ on an inflatable when u can get a used aluminum or fibreglass for that much. If money is an issue i suggest u stay awya from sevylor cause they do get expensive and just buy a walmart / crappy tire brand. it will work just as well. We now have 2 walmart boats and 1 360 in our crew.

Hope this helps

Afraz

I bought a Seahawk 400 last summer at walmart for something like 100.00 give or take. and got out on it 4 or 5 times last summer and loved it.

I have thought about a trolling motor for it,but then figuring the costs of the motor,battery,charger,mount kit...the costs started to add up so i still have to paddle.

and like someone had said, it indeed feels like navigating a bath tub,which is the only real downfall.

but it beats fishing from shore or having to sit on a canoe.

If I remember correctly, I think I saw a Fish Hunter 9'2" model on sale at Richmond Hill's Canadian Tire for only $100. I have exactly the same model. Except that I over inflated it and it leaked (but fixed now), it's a great alternative to shore fishing or getting a canoe due to space concern. The 9'2" will only fit one person with gear comfortably.

If I remember correctly, I think I saw a Fish Hunter 9'2" model on sale at Richmond Hill's Canadian Tire for only $100. I have exactly the same model. Except that I over inflated it and it leaked (but fixed now), it's a great alternative to shore fishing or getting a canoe due to space concern. The 9'2" will only fit one person with gear comfortably.

Figured Got That Inflated And Saw That I Could Stretch My Legs With Gear And Stuff. Two People Would Be Cramps Thank God For My Fisher Price Tackle Box. :lol: