Fashion Model Photography

bigfish1965

I was recently accepted as a photographer for fashion models. No it is not as much fun as you may think. I am under the tutelage of a mentor who is a fantastic photographer. Shooting for models is a lot more work than shooting nature shots. I worked with a professional the other day. I had 45 minutes of her time and shot at high noon...the absolute worst time to shoot. This was set up by my mentor as a test of course. I think he was testing my ability to improvise. I had 3 hours notice, no reflectors and no filters. I met up with the model...very tall...over 6 feet. I took 112 pics in 45 minutes.

I was trying to shoot manually the whole time..which was stupid. When I finally gave some control over to the camera i started getting good shots.

So now working on editing techniques. So much to learn!!

Here is what I got so far...took the model to Port Dalhousie...my favourite fishing spot :)

4526842165_82b4454e71_o.jpg

Depth of field is to my liking, but I'm not so sure that I like the crop. Once again though I am liking the overall effect of your post processing. Nicely done Rick.

It actually isn't a crop. I just shot it that way experimenting with negative space. I've done a few pics like that. Trying to challenge the norm. The idea was to see how or if the background could pull you away from the subject. The edit was a new process I learned on dodge and burn for skin and eyes. Simple but effective.

I've tried, (and failed miserably...), to shoot my own reference for pin-ups paintings I've airbrushed. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I know what I want to get, but don't know how to get it. I'm impressed with your work! Thanks for sharing.