Anyone lose a camera...

alphaalpha

hehe no fishing pics at all. lots of pics of some older people and some of some people in great big chicken costumes...really strange :dunno:

Maybe it was dog walkers..was it on a path or next to the river?

You should post the chicken pics!

Edited by Shore_Lunch

lol i am at work atm but when i get home ill check if my camera cable or my wife's will fit this one to upload the pics. The question is should i leave the faces on it incase someone may recognize them and lead to a safe return of the camera? :)

lol i am at work atm but when i get home ill check if my camera cable or my wife's will fit this one to upload the pics. The question is should i leave the faces on it incase someone may recognize them and lead to a safe return of the camera? :)

Just post their pics... This is almost like you finding it then going into a stadium full of your personal friends and handing it around for everyone to have a look! lol.

Plus if they really didn't want their pictures to get out, they would of held onto their camera a bit better! (And yes I've lost personal items before, and the only person I was mad at was myself...)

In all honesty... would you want strangers posting pictures you took on a public forum? regardless of blurred faces or not... I know i wouldn't...

put up an ad on kijiji also that might help locate the owner...

It would be a violation of copyright law to do anything with whatever pics are on the camera. So, no, don't post them please.

It would be a violation of copyright law to do anything with whatever pics are on the camera. So, no, don't post them please.

That's for the court to decide, and if hes posting with the intent to find the owner he would not be liable as there was no malicious intent or personal gain from the posting of the pictures or picture in question.

But again, the legal system is a tricky one. There's two sides to every coin.

serial number and check the manufacturer to see if it was registered to someone for warranty issues should they arise....some people actually do fill out those forms and send them in ....might be a long shot but ya never know..

That's for the court to decide, and if hes posting with the intent to find the owner he would not be liable as there was no malicious intent or personal gain from the posting of the pictures or picture in question.

But again, the legal system is a tricky one. There's two sides to every coin.

The courts already decided. However, if some pics did have faces it would not be unreasonable to use safe pics to help return the camera to the right owner and would qualify as fair use..but anything naked etc, would be covered by copyright law.

It would be more useful to print a safe pic showing a face and say print 'Do you know who this is? Call me at 555-555-5555' and post by the creek

The courts already decided. However, if some pics did have faces it would not be unreasonable to use safe pics to help return the camera to the right owner and would qualify as fair use..but anything naked etc, would be covered by copyright law.

It would be more useful to print a safe pic showing a face and say print 'Do you know who this is? Call me at 555-555-5555' and post by the creek

No one was asking for nudie pictures.... Just the one of them in a chicken suit... and you can claim you didn't want to edit the photo :P

the point is moot as i don't have a cable to access the photos and the card inside is not compliant with anything i have. i will check out kijiji and maybe post as well and throw up a sign at the parking lot where it was found.

thanks for all the suggestions, hopefully i can get it back to the owner. Its not a great camera by any means but it's decent and if it saves the guy from having to buy a new one i'm sure he'd be happy.