The Vessel has Arrived! Part 2/3 of Archie's Rockin' Walleye Dingy.

******EDITED* I added pic's of how scarred up the rear transom gussets were from shipping, scroll down past the boat pics to see and read the description.******

Boat arrived overnight!! My hat goes off to Cassidy Carrier and a VERY dedicated Trucker for getting up here so quickly! The boats got a few scuff's and a scratch on it, but it's an '05 so it's been sitting there for 5 years...no big deal.

Got the motor mounted on it about 30 minutes ago. Went on OK, now I need a new trailer...MAN this thing is big! I'll get some better pics when it's light out :lol:

Picture033.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

Picture031.jpg

So here was the damage done from the tractor/trailer shipping. They didn't put anything underneath the gunnels, just metal on metal...bummer. But I was planning to buff and polish everything anyways.

Heres the transom gussets, both sides were very scarred, I took a buffing disc on my grinder to them, next i'll follow it up with Emry cloth and polishing compound and do the gunnels as well since they were scarred too. Also going to get the boat waxed and maybe get some new graphics...I can't stand the red and gold lettering...ugly as sin :lol: More to come when I can get it buffed and polished...then I'll start a new thread on the floor installation!

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Edited by archie_james_c

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

lookin good so far. i use that same boat for work...

so light, so fast. handles really nice.

you'll be pleased!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

lookin good so far. i use that same boat for work...

so light, so fast. handles really nice.

you'll be pleased!

Really? Cool! It was basically the widest, flattest bottomed one I could find without getting into Lunds Rebels and such for mucho $$$, I know it will ride kinda rough but I'll take a rough ride in exchange for stability and comfort any day :).

Sure is big, using those homes as a scale I`d say the boat is about 50 feet long.

Are you sure that dinky motor will push it?

Nice set-up.

56 feet actually :lol:...yah that 50 horse sure does look dinky eh.

Oh yah...part 3/3 will be a new trailer...not sure when that will happen though as I'm waiting to sell my 12 footer to fund it :lol:

Nice rig. When does it hit the water?

ps salmons are slow at Goulais

I'm gonna get my dad to bring it into the Honda dealer so they can do start-up and what not on it this week. I work 7-3 for the next 14 days straight so I won't be able to do much break in on the motor.

I gotta get the numbers for it and such, never done it before, no idea how to, should be a learning experience.

So as for a estimated date on taking it out? I'd say hopefully by next weekend I can get it out and begin the 10 hour break in procedure.

Nice rig you got Archie :thumbsup_anim: Now go get us some walters will ya :whistling: I know you're a fan of wallies :lol:

Leechman

Hey...you're handy with wood...I got a floor that needs some installin' :lol: I'll be getting out for Wally's soon enough. Still need a few things and one more rod/reel!

That thing is going to fly with a 50 on it!! I bet you get 35MP out of it, no problem!!

s.

My boat is 375lb's as is. A guy on youtube with the same motor but on a 450 lb boat got 40MPH out of it and he said it was still climbing :lol:

Awesome looking boat....makes me jealous :blush:

-Ben

I appreciate the sentiment :).

Nice rig man, enjoy boat and be safe on the water!

Safe's my middle name! I'll be puttin' fish on Team 2's board in no time :D

hahaha yes archie is a safe boy! he fears going with me! im a bit wreckless with my driving and what nott haha! white knuckles archie!!

I fear your driving...I basically just close my eye's until we're at the fishing hole :lol:

Edited the OP guys to show the gusset scarring and what intend to do in the near future.