NF- NoooooooBody will return my call!

SlowPoke

We bought some furniture at Bad Boy in December, delivered at 9:30PM Jan 23. The loveseat was damaged and I noted it on the bill. I called the store the next day to get the ball rolling on exchange.

Long story short, after a month of phone calls we finally had someone come to look at it. He took a picture and said he couldn't do anything about it and would try to get a new arm from the factory.

Here we are over two months after delivery and I can't even get them to return calls. Everyone is passing the buck... you have to call this person... leave message.. no return calls. On and on.

Does anyone have an inside scoop or know someone that can make this right?

Just to show you the other side of the coin Brian & the way a company SHOULD treat their customers.

We've been buying our furniture from Leon's for more than 40 years because of their great service and quality products, so when we were moving north last month we went to Leons and bought all new furniture for the entire place and it was delivered exactly 4 weeks ago today.

When they were putting the feet on one of the couches they noticed a small 1/4" hole in the dust cover UNDERNEATH the couch and pointed it out to me. I put a piece of tape over it and told him not to even worry about it.

They finished unloading all my stuff and headed back to Toronto and just after they left here they called the store manager from the truck and told him about the hole. Thirty minutes after the truck left my driveway, the manager called us to apologize for the hole and because I didn't want the couch repaired at their cost, he insisted we take a $135 gift certificate which we received in the mail a couple days later.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does show the differences in attitude from one company to another.

Hope you get your loveseat repaired shortly.

Hey Brian,

If you paid for the goods with Visa, you coul contact them and ask them to remove the piece from the bill as you are not satisfied with the service you received. I'll bet someone from Bad Boy calls you toot sweet after you get Visa involved.

If you paid cash, I would start doing research on the net to identify the key players at Bad Boy, say a Regional Director and start harpin at him/her.

HH

Load the loveseat into the truck and take it back yourself..........that's what I would do anyways. If they can't replace it, get your money back, and don't leave without it!!!

That never ends well. You grandstand in the store, they call the police and if you're lucky you get to leave with the issue unresolved and a warning. If you're unlucky, you hope the pepper spray wears off before your family comes for Easter weekend.

Hey Brian,

If you paid for the goods with Visa, you coul contact them and ask them to remove the piece from the bill as you are not satisfied with the service you received. I'll bet someone from Bad Boy calls you toot sweet after you get Visa involved.

HH

Ahhh, good idea Joe. I'll dig out the CC records and look into it.

A few years back I couldn't get a response from a company in the states regarding some financial info for the company I was working for.

After a couple of weeks of buck passing, dropped calls(??), no reply etc. I hauled out the manual for our fax machine.

I found out I could program a "broadcast" fax of up to 99 destination numbers.

Soooo...I created a 22 page fax, programmed the machine to dial their number 99 times, scanned it in, and hit send.

Within 45 minutes I got a call saying there was a problem with my fax machine - they were constantly receiving the same 22 pages from me over and over again, using up all their paper and tying up their machine, keeping one person busy just pulling my faxes out etc., etc.

I said I was currently programming the next 99 transmissions, my machine had auto redial for busy signals, ran 24/7, only took a very few minutes to program, and I was going to continue until I received the data I had been asking for during the previous 2+ weeks.

I had it within the hour...but they had to call me first so they could use their fax to send it to me!

Not suggesting you should try this at all, no I am NOT (works with e-mail too :whistling:)!

Neat, eh?

Michael