Dog eats police cruiser...

bigfish1965

Watch this dog eat a police cruiser. I have no idea why, but stories like this always come out of Tennessee..lol.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – Winston, the dog that ate a Chattanooga Police car, is headed home.

Winston’s owners settled out of court with the City of Chattanooga.

The pit-bull mix will be handed back over to his owners today. The terms of the agreement require Winston to go to obedience training classes. Winston must behave for six months. At that time the case will dropped. All fines were waived.

The City has not said if a civil suit will be filed to pay for the damages to the car."

If this were the 50's 60's or 70's that dog would have been dispatched on the spot, delivered to the owner, owner would be fined and held responsible for the damage. Now they must go to obedience training and behave for six months??!?!? What if that dog decided to have a tug-o-war with someones kid? :rolleyes:

If this were the 50's 60's or 70's that dog would have been dispatched on the spot, delivered to the owner, owner would be fined and held responsible for the damage. Now they must go to obedience training and behave for six months??!?!? What if that dog decided to have a tug-o-war with someones kid? :rolleyes:

who pays for the training of this aggressive dog?

Tax payers!!!!

He doesnt seem like an aggressive dog...don't get me wrong...he seems like he thinks he's playing...regardless...a dog like that can't be roaming around unleashed. But behavorall (spelling?) class??? Come on...

Do they not have guns BANG, bye bye aggressive animal, then fine the owner, I mean really!

You'd kill that poor little dog?!!?!? All he needs is obedience training and probation...

Thats right folks....now animals are being put on mother damn probation....

Boy I can't wait to see how twisted this world becomes when I get older...

You'd kill that poor little dog?!!?!? All he needs is obedience training and probation...

sorry ,.just gettin used to the new deal here.

that little doggy mangled the bumper of a police cruiser. i think you'd be a bit alarmed [ or should be ] if your kids were close .that's outside the realm of playful.not knowing the dog is a crutch but it doesn't look good from here.

sorry ,.just gettin used to the new deal here.

that little doggy mangled the bumper of a police cruiser. i think you'd be a bit alarmed [ or should be ] if your kids were close .that's outside the realm of playful.not knowing the dog is a crutch but it doesn't look good from here.

I was joking :). I completely agree with you. That dog would have been in the dirt if I were that police officer...I love dogs as much as the next guy...but you can't have a dog like that loose...

What...stick a towel in a dogs mouth and pull on it. They will play for hours. the cop was going back and forth and the dog was having a blast. I never saw him get out and tell the dog to sit. When he flipped the siren on the dog let go and turned to look, then went back to playing.

What about the dogs that were watching and egging him on...were they charged with being a party to the crime?

The dogs were on their own property actually. Anyone who has spent time around dogs could see that it was not being aggressive. The news story showed the dog afterwards quite playful and sweet.

The cop made it worse...you could hear the one officer on the radio telling the guy to stop moving. Then the one cruiser pulled in tight to pinch off access and the other cruiser backs out again!!

The dog was taken without incident and was assessed as having no aggression....which is why he got 'probation'.

I would have gotten out of the car with my gun drawn. If the dog thought it was playing then it wouldn't have attacked. If it did then it's an aggressive dog and needs to be put down.. There's no way I'd be going back to the station and explaining to my super/co-workers that a dog ripped off my front bumper!

I would have gotten out of the car with my gun drawn. If the dog thought it was playing then it wouldn't have attacked. If it did then it's an aggressive dog and needs to be put down.. There's no way I'd be going back to the station and explaining to my super/co-workers that a dog ripped off my front bumper!

Why not....would you rather explain how you shot a dog for biting your bumper?