UFC 24hrs make yer picks

misfish

GSP- MIR ( if he can dodge the keg sized fists and get in close) ... Too bad Alves is out. I was thinking Alves vs Fitch would be the fight of the night.

Yeah, it's a shame to think that there's a possibility his career might be over. All his fights are always entertaining

Carwin is NOT the best striker in the heavyweight division! He has heavy hands no doubt, but that doesnt make him the best striker

Junior Dos Santos, Cheick Kongo, Cro Cop, Gilbert Yvel are among the elite strikers in the division.

As for Demian Maia beating Anderson Silva, crazier things have happened, but if you think the same guy that got BLASTED by Nate Marquardt in under a minute is going to get through Silva's range and beat him on the mat, you've got another thing coming. Anderson Silva is also a black belt in BJJ and even if it does go to the mat, he is good enough to at least nullify Maia while punishing him with elbows or forcing a standup, and trust me, the referees will look for a standup

You guys are dreaming if you think Kongo, Cro Cop and Yvel can be considered elite strikers. Kongo is like Carwin. If he catches you, you get hurt. Look at what he did against Buentello. Would you consider Buentello "elite"? Doubt it. Kongo wanted no part of the stand up there. CroCop and Yvel were once upon a time considered among the best, but those days are gone. Dos Santos has VERY good hands and would be the only guy on that list that may even be considered a top tier striker. Velasquez is very close and is,IMO, a more complete fighter then any of them. Junior/Cain will be a great fight!

As far as tonights event, I have GSP being a little too good for Hardy. With a but...Hardy is much closer in size to Georges than any of the other WW that GSPs faced in the recent past. His boxing is also more convincing. GSP is going to bring the best we've seen and, as long as he doesn't get caught too often, will prevail. 3rd Round TKO.

Carwin hits Mir. Mir wakes up sometime next week.1st Round.

You guys are dreaming if you think Kongo, Cro Cop and Yvel can be considered elite strikers. Kongo is like Carwin. If he catches you, you get hurt. Look at what he did against Buentello. Would you consider Buentello "elite"? Doubt it. Kongo wanted no part of the stand up there. CroCop and Yvel were once upon a time considered among the best, but those days are gone. Dos Santos has VERY good hands and would be the only guy on that list that may even be considered a top tier striker. Velasquez is very close and is,IMO, a more complete fighter then any of them. Junior/Cain will be a great fight!

As far as tonights event, I have GSP being a little too good for Hardy. With a but...Hardy is much closer in size to Georges than any of the other WW that GSPs faced in the recent past. His boxing is also more convincing. GSP is going to bring the best we've seen and, as long as he doesn't get caught too often, will prevail. 3rd Round TKO.

Elite strikers are never elite strikers in mma because there's too many other aspects of the game to worry about. When Yvel and Cro Cop were in K1 they were incredible, in Pride they were also very good but how many ground fighters did Pride really have? Japanese promotions are about entertainment, not sport, you get carded for a lack of action now and wrestling is frowned upon. It's a different game. I would hardly even call Dos Santos an elite striker. He's an excellent boxer, but would not do great against an elite boxer and we havent even seen him throw a kick that I can recall. And Kongo, I wouldnt call him an ELITE striker but he is an excellent striker. You need to look at the Buentello fight from Kongo's point of view. He's fight a one dimensional guy and he is coming off of 2 straight losses. Another loss could put him out of the UFC and with 4oz gloves, one punch could send him packing. He chose to fight a smart fight against Buentello. I'd have wrestled him too.

How is groping another man for 5 minutes a sport? Or punching him in the face when he's down?

:wallbash:

How is hitting a ball with a piece of wood a sport? How is kicking a ball into a net the size of a canadian tire a sport?

MMA has athletes that train harder than almost any other sport, there are so many aspects of the sport to train.

GSP- MIR ( if he can dodge the keg sized fists and get in close) ... Too bad Alves is out. I was thinking Alves vs Fitch would be the fight of the night.

I agree , the Alves and Fitch fight would have told us alot .

You gotta love our Canadian Boy , his work ethic and abilty to keep focussed with all his success , a true champion . There is alot of good compitition in his weight devision , alot of talent on the way ( ANTHONY JOHNSON )and alot of talent that he has already defended .

I think that as long as his head doesn't get to big ( which I don't think it ever will ) and he and the Greg Johnson camp stay together , he will be a champ for along time . He takes every opponent serious now, and trains as hard as any true champion and ambassador to the sport .

When you have the best teacher and student in the game it will be hard for someone to beat .

I was in a bar in Cobourg for his Fitch fight and people were yelling GSP during the entire fight card starting at 10pm until his fight at midnight . It was a great atmosphere , espically with the champion being from Canada and living just a few hours down the road .

It seems like every time GSP fights he looks bigger , faster and has something new to offer , I wouldn't be surprised if he has been working on his punch power as it would be quite fitting to see him "knock out" the "knock out artist" just to show everyone how complete a fighter he really is . Go GSP Go !!!!

LOL at valesquez being a good striker. HHAHAHA the guy has no power in his punches, even he knows that.

Tell that to Nogueira

Cain has excellent striking and puts together great combinations. He may not be a power puncher but he is an excellent striker.

I love Big Nog, one of my favourite fighters of all time. But sad to say I think he`s taken too many shots to the head. He looked sloppy amd hesitant to exchange. His chin is nowhere close to what it used to be. I want to see Caains next fight, if he stands and bangs with someone like JDS Ill eat my words.

IN OTHER NEWS, GOT TICKETS FOR UFC 114 IN VEGAS TODAY. Rashad and Rampage is gonna be an awesome fight.

IN OTHER NEWS, GOT TICKETS FOR UFC 114 IN VEGAS TODAY. Rashad and Rampage is gonna be an awesome fight.

Lucky you.Enjoy.

I,ll take Rashad in that one.Jacksons a hot head and a :whistling::whistling:

If you look at the back ground of alot of these fighters,Crocop comes to mind here.He,s a professinal body gaurd.Could you amagine if he could use all what he knows in the octigon? Grab yer head and snap it off.LOL

Lucky you.Enjoy.

I,ll take Rashad in that one.Jacksons a hot head and a :whistling::whistling:

If you look at the back ground of alot of these fighters,Crocop comes to mind here.He,s a professinal body gaurd.Could you amagine if he could use all what he knows in the octigon? Grab yer head and snap it off.LOL

Thanks, me and a co-worker has a conference to attend on may 27. so we just gonna stay for the weekend. tickets went on sale today and we got decent tickets for 600 for the pair. Will be an awesome weekend. Yeah cro cop shows no emotion at all which makes him even more scary

I dont know much about carwin so im gunna say mir is winning that one.

For the main i would deffinately go for GSP!

going to the gym and sparring with your buddies is actually a great stress relief though! work your way into some MMA (not like full on knee flying stuff though haha!!!) who knows, maybe i'll need the skills one day? i think its the next best thing to fishing. which of course is the top stress reliever. just wear a mouth guard..... chipped teeth aren't fun.