A few new things I found..

bigfish1965

I am still learning like you guys are. I have done my best to not read the manual..cause thats what men do.

Here's a few things.

You can share your favourite posts on Facebook and a whole slew of other social network sites. You will notice a button that says 'Bookmark'. When you click on that and select your favourite site, it will post a link to your profile (Facebook profile for example).

PM's are now threaded. So if you send someone a PM do not delete it if you are hoping for a reply. Cause if you nuke it, it ends their ability to reply.

We are upping the PM max to 500 per member in light of this.

The sidebars are collapsible by clicking on the arrows on the right side of the main page. All forums are collapsable as well.

You can also make your post here a Tweet (see the Tweet button in the text editor. If you don't know what a Tweet is, don't worry about it.

Did you know we have nearly 80,000 PM's in our database? Neither did I..lol. Babysitting that script was fun ~~~

There are lots of features that are still not turned on. We are trying to move incrementally to reduce the 'tech shock'. But, they are all very cool and will certainly help to move us forward and expand the community experience.

Coming next-

Google Member Maps

And....

Something TJ is working on for the chat. I ain't saying what though...but I know if you pour enough beer into TJ he will tell you.

Links in posts take you off OFC instead of opening a new window. Is there a way to fix that...

Are you in firefox? If yes, in firefox click tools, options, click Tabs, set "open links that open in a new window as" to "new tab".

Nope.. IE 7. Old board opened new windows for links. This one isn't.. so probably coding Rick needs to turn on..

hmm haven't use IE in ages, and my IE on any website just opens link in the same tab. A simple workaround is to hold the "ctrl" button while clicking on a link, then it will open the link in a new tab and keep your current web page from disappearing.

Nope.. IE 7. Old board opened new windows for links. This one isn't.. so probably coding Rick needs to turn on..

It is considered bad form now to enable that. Don't ask why..but it is not W3C compliant...but I will see what I can do. You can still post videos the old way with the imbed code.

I too use Firefox so didn't notice this.

It is considered bad form now to enable that. Don't ask why..but it is not W3C compliant...but I will see what I can do. You can still post videos the old way with the imbed code.

I too use Firefox so didn't notice this.

Yep, exactly. In todays web development society it is considered taboo to pop up new windows.

Thank goodness for the back button. ;)

PS. FYI, I still see one red X in my emoticons tray and one hovering over the bookmark tab. B)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, click the scroll wheel for links. It will open them in a new tab. If you're on a laptop with a touchpad, ctrl+click the link and it will open in a new tab. If you're deadset on a new window shift+click a link.