GOD I LOVE SALES!

uglyfish

went to BPS today to check out the sale, and use up some gift cards from xmas. decided i would take advantage of the reel trade in and do 2 good things. i donated 2 reels to the trade in, and then spent money to help the economy. arent i a swell guy?! lol.

plan was to get one new reel, and maybe a couple goodies. had my heart set on the quantum energy PT casting reel. but then though, if i spend less ill have more for tackle and goodies lol. so i went with the kinetic PT reel. really nice reel, and for 129 bucks, a cant go wrong deal! add the 25 bucks off and 75 bucks in gift cards and i walk away paying about 40 bucks. not freakin bad eh?? so then i gets to the tackle... well, sales will be the death of us all... i grabbed some strike king crankbaits.... then some berkley powerbaits... then some strike king zeros (love those things!) few packs of hooks and some weights. after gettin that stuff... i just couldnt shake this... craving i had... i still had a reel coupon in my pocket and surely couldnt let it go to waste... so back i goes to the reel department and picked up a new quantum kinetic spinning reel. wife was none to pleased with that one haha. but i have a few reels to sell, so it'll balance out.. or thats what i tell her anyways :D

also picked up the berkley line spooling station. for 20 bucks, it was worth a try! besides, now the wifey cant complain that she has to hold a spool if line again for me!

all in all, had a good time there, grabbed dinner in the mall, got to look around, kids had a blast! great way to spend a sunday!

DSCF2159.jpg

DSCF2158.jpg

DSCF2157.jpg

lol yea, was good to see ya bro! never ceases to amaze the wifey that no matter where we go.. i see at least one person i know. ive been banned from tackle stores now though... she said i bought too much today, and i was at fishing world friday for their sale taking advantage of some good deals. lol

I didn't pick up much stuff this year as I have in the last couple years. I picked up a catfish shirt, another Oregon for my brother and a couple other things. I only saw one MH 7 foot Bill Dance combo left so I grabbed that. Grabbed more of that Rapala line again this year. For $1.99 you can't beat it. I did notice after I got home that the weight that's in the bottom of the trolling minnow bucket was missing in mine so now I have to take that back. Other than that, not much for sales for me this time. I had a problem using my rewards card. They said the card wasn't on file. I just used it in January and they just sent me my certificate in the mail so how does that happen? What a pain getting that straightened out. Wonder if anyone else has problems with theirs.

100_2001.JPG

Edited by Stern Rules

Mustad & Owner hooks, same style, big price difference. Why buy both?

Left-hand bait-casting reel, I like!

Never been a crank bait fisherman myself, I just might pickup some of those 'Sexy Shads' for this year.

the mustad selection they had... didnt include any 5/0 hooks. which is the size i prefer. the ones i got are 6/0 tube hooks. last 2 packs they had on the rack. ill use them for more then just tubes though.

i like the owner hooks, love the cutting point on them. bit more money but a great hook. only problem, one u nick a rock or somethin, the hook is crap. but they had 5/0 size so i grabbed a couple.

the trokar hooks were cleaned out lol. only a few packs left and 2 styles of each. but with the amount i spent... didnt need to spend 12 bucks a pack on hooks.

gotta love the lefty reels!! haha

and i love crankbaits. i throw a lot of hardbaits during the year. and i like the strike king cranks, price was rite on them too.

Those Daiwa Bradias sure went quickly at BPS. Pretty much all gone after the first hour on Friday. Lucky to get myself one. Smooth like BUTTER. You got to love those JDM reels and for $140 with the reel trade-in, now that's a deal and a half.

Swag?? I thought you bought clothes.

Nice reel.

Stern Rules

I have 2 buddies who bought that Rapala line last year and it is the worse line I have ever seen, but if it works for you than it is a great deal.

Dan. That flippin pitchin game is sweet. I do the same thing at school in my gym. I take some short cones and turn them over and place them all over and pitch to them. One of my teachers is a Pro Bass guy and we sit there at lunch pitching. Fun stuff. The gym is where I learned to pitch with a spinning reel, much harder than a with a baitcaster.

You flip a lure into the cups and the back thing and it gives you a score. It's good practice as the kids love it.

Jeez. I thought it was some kinda advertising thingy that you stuck in yer car window with suction cups and then turned it on so it flashed or something. :lol:

"I have 2 buddies who bought that Rapala line last year and it is the worse line I have ever seen, but if it works for you than it is a great deal."

I found the stuff has the memory of an elephant, so I use it for backing..... 2 bucks, after all.

Edited by backbay

young one casting a crankbait can be very productive, if that is what the fish are looking for that day. There have been days when I got ten bass in ten casts, just a question of finding them and putting something in front of them they liked. Even with a plastic worm color can make a difference.

lol yea, was good to see ya bro! never ceases to amaze the wifey that no matter where we go.. i see at least one person i know. ive been banned from tackle stores now though... she said i bought too much today, and i was at fishing world friday for their sale taking advantage of some good deals. lol

ha! thats funny because i went to BPS on friday with the gf (she decided to shop in the mall for shoes and baby clothes while i stayed in bps) but when we got home and i dumped out my bag she wasnt impressed at all,and when that long receipt fell out her jaw dropped. i told her i had to go to fishing world today to pick up a license ( and possibly snag a few good deals before she gets home from work)

i ended up buying , spro popper frog,2 bps kermy frogs,a couple of cotton cordell cranks,a couple of rapla husky jerks,2 xps cranks,2 packs of powerbait craws,booyah buzzinator,3 packs of gama hooks,seaguar 8lb flourocarbon line....possibly a few other things im forgetting, and i tossed in a onesie BPS outfit for my soon to be daughter to kind of make her smile...it worked :D

now off to fishing world soon for some of that power pro,poppers and a license, then maybe 2 more rapalas on thursday :o

ohoh~thx

and btw~how much were those ZERO plastics?&what size r those?

they are 5 inches long. and they were 3.99 each according to my receipt. somethin is tellin me that the price tag on the rack was less then that though... check on it and check ur receipt if u go.

but, of all the "senko" style baits ive used, i have the utmost confidence in the SK zeros. caught more fish on them then other brands. they are soft and supple but very durable. most other brands get torn to shreds after one fish, these ones last much longer. lots of salt and scent. just a great bait.

gotta warn though, i cleaned out a few of the colors they had... lol.

Swag?? I thought you bought clothes.

Nice reel.

Stern Rules

I have 2 buddies who bought that Rapala line last year and it is the worse line I have ever seen, but if it works for you than it is a great deal.

Dan. That flippin pitchin game is sweet. I do the same thing at school in my gym. I take some short cones and turn them over and place them all over and pitch to them. One of my teachers is a Pro Bass guy and we sit there at lunch pitching. Fun stuff. The gym is where I learned to pitch with a spinning reel, much harder than a with a baitcaster.

I've only used the 4 lb line for pannies last year and seemed fine. I guess I'll find out how the others work this year. Snce Rapala's a good name I figured you can't go wrong with that price.