One more Simcoe report

Since Simcoe seems to be the topic...here's our family adventure from yesterday.

Juli, her boys and I went up for an afternoon of fishing with Steve R and friend...she and I got our first ice lakers, me two, her one...kept one for the smoker (should be done in about an hour from now, mmmmm!)

The boys had a hard time hooking them, but, reeled in a couple of Cals fish. One of the twins hooked one, but, lost it after a short battle. We had an awesome time...can't wait to hit Simcoe ice again next year!!

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

What an awesome early March day for a family fishing adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FRANKIE65

Beauty report and pics FRANKIE65 :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like fun for the whole family and getting into some.... bonus!!!

I'm sure that laker will taste real good when it comes out of the smoker.... Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing your time out

Leechman

I'm sure that laker will taste real good when it comes out of the smoker.... Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing your time out

Leechman

Just came out of the smoker about 20 minutes ago...Juli actually preferred it over the rainbow and salmon I did last year. Even got one of the boys to try it...came back for three more bites. I almost regret releasing two of them, lol.

So maybe I should recant my statement from an earlier post about not caring if the all fishing were catch and release:D :D:D ....nah, I would still fish just as much, but, I do love a good feed once in awhile.

nicely done Frankie. Lakers for me this year are a conundrum, can't get one hooked solidly. 2 trips ago not even a sniff. Rare for me, I usually land at least one. Glad you had a good outing.

Nice work. Steve R is top notch and Cal is a good apple. Those 2 can certainly catch fish. Glad to see you had fun with the fam. Nice day out there.

Steve was great, and, showed tons of patience with the boys...would recommend him to anyone. Can't wait to get out on my own next year...this season was basically my intro into ice fishing after not doing it since I was a kid. Learned alot from G2 on Quinte and Steve on Simcoe. I have never used a guide in my almost 45 years, but, figured it was a good way to get myself and the family on fish, as well as learn locations and techniques. With the limited time I had to go out, I don't regret using guides at all. That said it will be awesome to get out on our own as soon as I get all my ice "stuff!" :D