An Ebay Question

anders

I use ebay a lot, and i always see cheap prices on stuff that is located or says its located in Hong Kong. Ususally see an item in bulk and has a ridiculously cheap price attached to it. Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Is it legit, or scam?

Just curious, thanks

Be careful, usually knock offs and even if the pricing is really good, look at the shipping!

However, this is where alot of lures are manufactured, so the could just have really really good pricing, or they are the defects!

As others have noted, I think it depends on what you buy...

Would I buy name-brand clothing? No. In fact, you can find several eBay guides on how to detect fake items -- in my interest was Arc'Teryx clothing.

I have bought several camera filters (B+W), Canon lens accessories, and laptop AC adaptors without issue. Most of these include free shipping and tend to be noted as 'gift' by the sellers, without my requesting so.

In the end, be smart about it. If it's too good to be true (i.e. savings of over $100), it probably is.

i've ordered electronics (cell phone supplies) and tattoo stuff from china and it's the real deal with really fast shipping to boot (quicker than from the US). never an issue. your mileage may vary.

If you want to know more about the seller and whether the stuff he or she is selling is fake or not just read some of the comments that other buyers have left.

I bought stuff from China, mostly electronics tho.

So far so good!

Good luck!

I also read as much as possible on the seller's history and customer feedback, look for any previous complaints....a lot of knock offs out there, esp for clothing....but things like electronics I've saved 300-400 before on genuine product, saved some decent coin, 100+ of fishing and mountain biking stuff too....be smart about it, do some research, don't bid unless you feel good about it