shamano stradic magnesium reels ?

tomO

Hi Mudbutt,

They are last year's models if they are the MgFB. Great reel, water proof drag, Paladin gearing, all the top features but since they brought out the new Ci4 Stradics they are blowing them out. Great deal at $100 off!

Here's a link to an online page that has all the details for you: Stradic MgFB

JP

Edited by JPD

4000 series Shimano, either Stradic or Sustain.

I picked up a 4000 Sustain for just over $150 shipped on ebay last month as well.

lol yeah love Ebay! Awesomely picked up a stradic 2500 Fi for $100+shipping and a decent muskie 8'6" IM7 rod for $36+shipping, not to mention all the one of a kind painted muskie gliders.

Hey Solo,

last week through the day there was a bunch of Stella's on ebay all ending around 3 pm. Had sizes from 1000 right up to 8000. About an hour before the end of the auction there were still a whack of them under $80. Darn it if my boss didn't drop by for a sit down "brain stormin" session. When he left it was 3:15 and I missed them all. Gee I hate being interrupted at work!!

Hey Solo,

last week through the day there was a bunch of Stella's on ebay all ending around 3 pm. Had sizes from 1000 right up to 8000. About an hour before the end of the auction there were still a whack of them under $80. Darn it if my boss didn't drop by for a sit down "brain stormin" session. When he left it was 3:15 and I missed them all. Gee I hate being interrupted at work!!

Stella's? Wow that's amazing. I never check for Stella's 'cause they're normally out of my price range.

does anyone else not like the tiny foam handle on the new c14. I can;t see it not wearing out quickly number 1. And why so tiny number 2. I personaly and hooked on shimano and the 3000 paddle handles just don;t get this

+1 But I can't be absolutely sure its foam because I never held a CI4 (looks like foam though). The rubbery paddle handle I like even better than the old type round type wood handle. On my old stradics I would file down of both sides of the wood paddles and re-schlac them. pic

My old stradic had a wooden handle too but it now lays at the bottom of the ohio river, thasnks to a very large fish hitting my chicken liver and launching it outa the boat, went about 8 or 10 feet before it hit the water, I about cried it was the first really nice rod and reel I ever bought

The new handle is EVA foam, same material they use on the Cumara and now Cumulus grips. Pretty durable stuff but I do agree that the 3000 handle is the cat's meow... the Septon grip is also great even when wet. There's a possibility that they may be bringing out a 3000 and 4000 Ci4 this coming year so keep your fingers crossed for the paddle.

JP