fav. set-ups? bait cast AND spin cast!

redneck666

so, whats your fav. set ups people? i myself love my cheapie deals.... $60-$120... great rods and reels that have caught alot of fish!

im sure some people enjoy posting about it....?

keep 'er short! im too lazy to read long paragrahps :P

maybe a small explination with the set up? lol

JP

My favorite now is a Loomis Crankbait series MH with a 200 Curado and30 pound power pro.

Braid gives me that feel and the extra fast tip on the Loomis slows my hooksets long enough to let the fish get it better, also the extra fast tip absorbs the shock so you dont pull the bait out. If anyone has the money I urge them to get this outfit, it really will ioncrease your crankbait scores.

6wt Sage Launch fly rod with a reel with two spools, 1 with floating line, one with full sink. I've caught lake trout, specks, smallmouth, pike and even the odd walleye on this setup.

that sounds pretty cool! im gunna start gettin into fly fishing. looks super fun.

Had alot of fun with my St.Croix Mojo Bass 6'8" Medium Light Extra Fast spin rod and Daiwa Tierra 2000 spooled with 15lb Fireline Tracer Braid last season.

This season I plan to add to it Croix Legend Tournament Walleye's in 7' Medium Moderate and 6'8" Medium Extra Fast with either Shimano Stradic Ci4's or Daiwa Fuego's.

These 3 rods should cover all my Walleye spinning rod needs, I'll have to add a couple baitcasters/trolling rods for heavy bottom bouncers and planer board use as money permits :) .

Had alot of fun with my St.Croix Mojo Bass 6'8" Medium Light Extra Fast spin rod and Daiwa Tierra 2000 spooled with 15lb Fireline Tracer Braid last season.

This season I plan to add to it Croix Legend Tournament Walleye's in 7' Medium Moderate and 6'8" Medium Extra Fast with either Shimano Stradic Ci4's or Daiwa Fuego's.

These 3 rods should cover all my Walleye spinning rod needs, I'll have to add a couple baitcasters/trolling rods for heavy bottom bouncers and planer board use as money permits :) .

hey, do you know where i could get a say 7'6" spinning rod (no reel) that isnt too pricey? under $100? something over 7'5" and is a 2 piece

Edited by bigredneck

it was a 7' medium quantum tour edition rod, with a quantum kinetic 20PTi with 8lb flouro for drop shotting and a 7' med/hvy st croix mojo with a quantum energy E761PT reel with 30lb spiderwire for spinnerbaits.

but switching to a new rod supplier this year, waiting for my first shipment. they are all spinning rods in this order, all custom made. they'll get their first workout in april on the detroit river for walleye.

the next order will be some casting rods... flippin stick, jerkbait rod and crankbait rod.

Shimano Stradic 1000 spinning reel, 4lb flouro, 5'5" UL Old Sienna rod <---can even shoot heavier flies with 4lb line to 20 feet. Fun times with crappie and small trout.

Shimano Symetre 2000/4000 spinning reel, 30lb braid with 20 flouro leader/ 50lb braid 80lb flouro leader, 7" MH IM7 Daiwa. <---Bass, pike.

8'6" XH IM7 Rod, still shopping for muskie reel.

Is it just me or G Loomis' website rediculously hard to navigate? I am interested in their rod's, but everytime I go to research them I am frustrated with their site. They classify the rods by a serial number, and if you don't already know the meaning of it forces you to click on each single model to find out the action and power of the rod. Very frustrating if you ask me.

Croix I think outdid themselves on ease of use as far as their website goes. Click on a particular series and a chart with every length, power and action comes up, and below the chart a brief description of the rods intended use.

Is it just me or G Loomis' website rediculously hard to navigate? I am interested in their rod's, but everytime I go to research them I am frustrated with their site. They classify the rods by a serial number, and if you don't already know the meaning of it forces you to click on each single model to find out the action and power of the rod. Very frustrating if you ask me.

Croix I think outdid themselves on ease of use as far as their website goes. Click on a particular series and a chart with every length, power and action comes up, and below the chart a brief description of the rods intended use.

yes, but they have an explanation someplace on the site of what it all means. when most companies just rate a rod medium, med/hvy... moderate, fast, xtra fast etc. loomis uses a number system.

if u cant find it on the site, PM JP derose and ask him. he will tell ya exactly what u need to know if ya tell him what ur looking for.

My favorite now is a Loomis Crankbait series MH with a 200 Curado and30 pound power pro.

Braid gives me that feel and the extra fast tip on the Loomis slows my hooksets long enough to let the fish get it better, also the extra fast tip absorbs the shock so you dont pull the bait out. If anyone has the money I urge them to get this outfit, it really will ioncrease your crankbait scores.

:blink::blink::blink::lol::lol:

My new fave is a 7ft avid paired with a Stradig MG 3000.. Balance is right on, the extra fast tip makes it easy to drive those hooks home and it has just enough give to feel that jerk bait twitch when you load the rod.. The extra length is great for working big pike off the harbour walls too!!

HD

I haven't had a chance to fish them but I have a 7'MH Rapala TS2 Trigger Rod with a Rapala R-Type Baitcaster. I've played around with it in the backyard and it feels pretty solid as a good Spinnerbait/buzzbait rod.

This and within a few weeks :D I'll be buying myself a Revo SX and a new Abu Vendetta 7'6H Flippin Stick for pitching jigs. Going to be a sweet rod/reel

I haven't got to use the rod yet, but it's already my fav. I picked up a 6'8 G.Loomis BCR803 (12-16lb 3/16-5/8oz) at the Spring Fishing Show (Thanks Vince!) and paired it with a trusty Chronarch 50MG. Total weight of the outfit is 9oz.

Edited by bdox

I have posted this before, but for Walleye I love my 6'6" med lite/fast St Croix Triumph coupled with a Diawa Exceller 1500 loaded with 6 lbs Fireline with a Seguar 10 Floro leader. (I have two identical set-ups)

Jim

My buddy runs the same rod with a Abu Cardinal 700 series spooled with 15lb Power Pro. Last year I also bought my dad the 7' Med Lite/Fast and a Daiwa Regal Xia 2500 for his Birthday. Both of them have nothing but good thing's to say about them. And for the price they can't be beat!

St. Croix Premier 7 foot medium light with a Daiwa exceller 2500,although 1500 might have been even better for this set up. Was an awesome combo, caught a pile of assorted fish with it last year tossing senkos, small spinners and float fishing. I'd gotten way to into using baitcasters over the last couple of years and this combo brought me back to my senses; made me realize the practicality and enjoyment of using more of a finesse approach/tackle.

You tried that setup yet? Seems to me that you'd want to avoid the PP. I've seen your hooksets dood. :P