the early bite!

pike slayer

So tomorrow morning im suppose to be meeting my buddy out in goulais(20min north of the sault) for 7am to head to our fishing hole which is a 5-10min snowmobile ride. i keep telling him that we are going out wayyyy to early and they wont even bite till atleast 9am!

i've been fishing for a while and i know the early bird doesnt get the worm.

so what do you guys think?!??

is there actually an early bite or does my luck just suck in the morning and that im a softie?? haha!!

ohhh and i can understand getting up early to go some place far away so you can fish the day!

I THIRD THAT! lol. when i go out, whether it be walleye pike, bass or whiteies..... even trout, theres usually action all day long.... went to a pond one time early, early morning and not a fish till about 10:30am.... catfish that is. little 1 1/2lb guy :D

Edited by bigredneck

we'll be on the shoal out in the middle of the lake dr.sal. you'll hear my buddy coming with his fusion 900 with a big bore kit and its all piped hahah wake up those fish!!

ohh and stop and say hello or if i see you i'll stop. i'll be looking for the all mighty legend!

Edited by worm dangler

Guest gbfisher

If you don't go you won't know. Of course there is an early bite. Fish bite at all times of day. Before sun up...after sun up, before lunch after lunch...before dinner and again after dinner.......it all depends on if you are there when they decide to eat is all.

Some species are more predictable than others as well.

Go fish... :)

We usually drop the boat in at the crack of dawn, and pull'r out at sunset...shore lunches and naps on beaches where you can find'm...Never gone home empty handed for lack of trying..Some of the biggest fish I have ever been in the boat when caught have been mid afternoon, maybe a couple in the early morning but the majority has been later in the day.

I've definitely noticed a morning bite fishing for bass in the summer. For each hour after sunrise, there is a 50% drop in numbers till noon hits at which time it goes dead. This is in under 15 feet of water, I think the fish go deeper which is another factor.

Tell me this, if there ain't no such thing as a morning bite, why are y'all getting up at 4am to go fishing??

I've definitely noticed a morning bite fishing for bass in the summer. For each hour after sunrise, there is a 50% drop in numbers till noon hits at which time it goes dead. This is in under 15 feet of water, I think the fish go deeper which is another factor.

Tell me this, if there ain't no such thing as a morning bite, why are y'all getting up at 4am to go fishing??

maybe cause his partner believes in it......? dont know.