MNR lays 70 fishing charges in weekend blitz

kickingfrog

i thought i read that the fine for failing to produce is higher that the one for fishing without a license. :rolleyes:

the system is so antiquated, they can tell if you have an outdoors card but tehy cannot tell if you have a valid license. :rolleyes:

They call into the Midhurst Office with your DOB and last name, ask me how I know, lol....

They call into the Midhurst Office with your DOB and last name, ask me how I know, lol....

perhaps that works if you bought the card and a 3 year licence at the same time. if you renew yearly, they don't always get that information. they're able to confirm that yes, you have a valid card but license, not always.

ask me how I know... lol.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDi....aspx?e=2445739

Several warnings were issued under the Liquor Licence Act for having open liquor on the ice.

The Ministry of Natural Resources reminds ice hut owners that their huts must be removed from the lake by March 15, 2010.

are you allowed to have alcohol in the hut but not out in the open ?

perhaps that works if you bought the card and a 3 year licence at the same time. if you renew yearly, they don't always get that information. they're able to confirm that yes, you have a valid card but license, not always.

ask me how I know... lol.

My plastic license was only one year, he could get the office to see if it had been renewed online. Is there actually a list? Cause if so, I might be famous.

ah ok.

Here is a more realistic and relevant example

"$4,500 In Fines For Illegal Lake Simcoe Herring And Perch

A woman and two men from York Region were fined a total of $4,500 after pleading guilty to taking herring and an over-limit of perch from Lake Simcoe in addition to making false statements to a conservation officer.

Nicola Pertosa and Saverio Zupo, both of Stouffville, and Angela Zupo, of Goodwood, were each fined $750 for taking herring during a closed season and $250 for having too many perch. They were also fined $500 for making a false statement to a conservation officer.

Ah...good old true Canadian names those are :lol:;)

The story with failure to produce your license is although you may have an outdoors card that is good for 3 years, the only information in the system is the license for the first year, the renewal years don't show up on the system. It is stupid, antiquated and just plain dumb!! All the money that we pour into the MNR and they can't keep track of who is licensed and who is not. Have your license on you or in your tackle box and don't run afoul of the CO's and the police out there, if you don't break any laws, hey, guess what, you won't have any problems. GO FIGURE!!!

i say take out the old vigilante justice system, cant prove it, pay the price, what ever the locals see fit. there is zero excuse for not having a fishing permit. i head your all's way every year and dang certain i know all the limits and restrictions before i get there as well as any liscence that is required. Better yet pay the co's a portion of what they collect, no innocent person would be fined? As well as paying for their services and the govt getting their share.

jason

Wow ,I would say they got off real easy. It must have been thier first offence. They are supposed to be fined "per fish over the limit", all equipment confiscated ,and that would include a sled or ATV if they had one with them and if they were real pricks ..the vehicle that transported them there if they had placed them in it...They were in a good mood that day even though they were lied too. :D