New Minister of Natural Resources

Dutch

McGuinty shuffled his cabinet today and changed the Minister of Natural Resources.

Linda Jeffrey is in, Donna Cansfield is out. Jeffrey represents Brampton-Springdale.

Here is a link to her biography:

http://www.lindajeffrey.onmpp.ca/bio.aspx?id=biography

Overwhelming outdoors experience....

Hopefully, a new perspective will mean great things for the MNR.

oops! owns a hunting dog?????

Don't be so sure. I hope your right but that breed is one of the most miss breed out there now. With their popularity there's a lot of unethical breeders producing these dogs not to mention the show dog crowd who don't care about hunting qualities only physical looks. Not all of these dogs would I call hunting dogs. For a generally friendly type of dog you have to wonder why they are one of the most likely breeds to be biting people??? :rolleyes:

Lets hope this Minister will have enough respect to reply to "e" mails about subjects they would rather ignore.

Don't be so sure. I hope your right but that breed is one of the most miss breed out there now. With their popularity there's a lot of unethical breeders producing these dogs not to mention the show dog crowd who don't care about hunting qualities only physical looks. Not all of these dogs would I call hunting dogs. For a generally friendly type of dog you have to wonder why they are one of the most likely breeds to be biting people??? :rolleyes:

Lets hope this Minister will have enough respect to reply to "e" mails about subjects they would rather ignore.

The golden is not one of the most likely dogs to bite. There is a high number of bites, but that is due, in part, to the high numbers of the dog.

The golden (like all retrievers) are very mouth oriented and tend to try and snatch things as part of play. This sometimes results in accidental bitings. An aggressive golden is very rare.

I do agree that back-yard breeders are a scourge on society, though.

I can't see anything positive or negative the past Minister did...unless the new regs were her idea, then thumbs up...but I think that has been in the works for awhile.

The golden is not one of the most likely dogs to bite. There is a high number of bites, but that is due, in part, to the high numbers of the dog.

The golden (like all retrievers) are very mouth oriented and tend to try and snatch things as part of play. This sometimes results in accidental bitings. An aggressive golden is very rare.

I do agree that back-yard breeders are a scourge on society, though.

I can't see anything positive or negative the past Minister did...unless the new regs were her idea, then thumbs up...but I think that has been in the works for awhile.[/b]

so you're saying we paid her to do a job for a year and got nothing for our money :rolleyes:

sounds about right

Edited by Dara

Welcome to the club Linda...

You've got your work cut out for you....

First suggestion: the monies collected from sport fishing licences should be used for 100% fishery management work (i.e. restocking efforts?) and not be used to pay MNR staff salaries...!

Good luck!

the cap't

I don`t know what too think I guess Premier Dad`s cupboard is pretty thin he has a lot of ministers jumping ship...

That's funny, seeing as she was part of the Harris camp getting a gig on the board of Hydro One as a perk for privatizing Brampton Hydro when she was a city councillor. Then when she couldn't get the party to back her for a provincial seat she jumped ship to the Liberals.

In a nutshell, another 905 soccer mom swivel servant whose qualifications involve little more than public dime patronage. Yay for the status quo in Ontario politics! I look forward to her private members bill advocating the mandatory licensing of dog walkers.