How Cold is it in 'Bama?

Greencoachdog

It's cold enough to start turning our water from liquid to solid!

DSC01940.jpg

This is a farm pond that has been frozen over for the past week

DSC01941.jpg

This is a road side pond that is almost completely frozen

DSC01942.jpg

This is backwater on the main river that is frozen.

This happens about once every 10 years or so, I've seen it worse one time back in '93... we had shore ice extending out 15-20 feet on the main river.

Edited by GCD

YIKESSSS :w00t: Crazy weather you're having down there Glen :wacko:

Don't tell me I'll have to ship you some homemade tipups :blink::lol:

How many are you allowed down there?? Joke / Joke :lol:

Wow you must be traumatized by this G..... now I know why you bought yourself a survival suite :P

Kidding aside.... How long does this spell usually last??

I guess your garden is a total lost now with the temps dipping below zero :angry:

Now I understand why you said in your last post that it was freezing..... just unbelievable :huh:

Jacques

YIKESSSS Crazy weather you're having down there Glen

Don't tell me I'll have to ship you some homemade tipups

How many are you allowed down there?? Joke / Joke

Wow you must be traumatized by this G..... now I know why you bought yourself a survival suite

Kidding aside.... How long does this spell usually last??

I guess your garden is a total lost now with the temps dipping below zero

Now I understand why you said in your last post that it was freezing..... just unbelievable

Jacques

Our high temps are s'posed to back up into the 50's by mid week so everything will melt and thaw. The 50's are average highs for this time of year here. The national weather service predicted we would have a wetter and colder than normal winter in the south east this year, and for once they got it right!

OMG!! Its the apocalypse!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I think the Leafs are going to win the cup real soon!!!

Looks like a perfect opportunity to practice what that yellow suit of yours was designed to do.

One bama banana float with green sprinkles to go please.

Good thing it's cold or you may melt.

You do know that I've been speaking to H2Whoa about you...?

She speaks highly of you...

I've been trying to convince her otherwise. ;)

So, do you prefer an 8", or 6" auger :lol: Make sure and check as you go eh :)

S.

The auger is a 6" (manual), and it and the ice rod and tip-up are in the garage of Miss Joyces house in Janetville. If this kinda stuff keeps up, I'll be bringing it back home with me the next time I'm up!!! :angry:

Good to hear from you Stinker!... you been killin' the Whities yet?... you ol' meat hunter you! :P

Dawg, I feel yer pain. We haven't had a day over 80 this week and going out to dinner at night we actually have worn long pants once.

But here's a Dawg type pic to make you feel better. Sorry there's no fish. I'll have grouper tonight for dinner if it will help.

jof3.jpg

JF

Dawg, I feel yer pain. We haven't had a day over 80 this week and going out to dinner at night we actually have worn long pants once.

But here's a Dawg type pic to make you feel better. Sorry there's no fish. I'll have grouper tonight for dinner if it will help.

jof3.jpg

JF

OMG!!!... call Greenpeace!... there's a beached Whale in Mexico!!!

OMG!!!... call Greenpeace!... there's a beached Whale in Mexico!!!

Don't want no Green Peace dweebs screwing up my scam. Tell 'em to save their Rainbow Warrior crap for what they do best, scoring money from the gullible public.

I just have to make whalelike noises on the beach and there's no end of lithe lovely ladies rushing to save me, in their bikinis to boot. I may get some pics fer y'all if I'm feeling benevolent.

JF

Don't want no Green Peace dweebs screwing up my scam. Tell 'em to save their Rainbow Warrior crap for what they do best, scoring money from the gullible public.

I just have to make whalelike noises on the beach and there's no end of lithe lovely ladies rushing to save me, in their bikinis to boot. I may get some pics fer y'all if I'm feeling benevolent.

JF

Yeah, I'm gonna laugh when an amigo shows up with a harpoon!!! B)

Yeah, I'm gonna laugh when an amigo shows up with a harpoon!!! B)

Nah. All we got here is mayan type amigos. The closest thang to a harpoon those guys carry are the forks they bring to the tables. Anyway, they're too friendly to harpoon me - I hope.

JF