Reel Deals

JohnF

Just stopped in to the Gander Mtn in Twinsburg (east of Cleveland) to handle the merchandise. Bought a Calcutta 201B for $112, almost bought a Quantum Energy 20 series spinning reel for $90 but resisted the temptation, picked up a 10 bearing Gander Mtn branded reel apparently made by Pfleuger for $42 (it's that white colour body and feels very smooth), got a nice light 7'2" medium one piece Gander Mtn branded IM8 spinning rod for $42 (feels great, light in weight and decent backbone w/quick tip)

Didn't plan to buy anything but couldn't resist.

JF

I was at GM in Buffalo between Xmas and new years and didn't see the Calcutta deal but they did have the GM reels on sale. Also had Stradic MG500 and MG1000 for $129

Great deals at Dicks on Huning clothing all 50% off

Sounds like you found some good bargains.

If you stop by for some Crappie fishing at the end of April, we can spend a couple of minutes dialing that new Calcutta in. If you want to sell your silver Calcutta I will buy it from you...

I'll find someone who can surely help. Ya know anybody?

JF

I could show you but if you want to catch fish as well you best go with the guy quoted below. :D

Sounds like you found some good bargains.

If you stop by for some Crappie fishing at the end of April, we can spend a couple of minutes dialing that new Calcutta in. If you want to sell your silver Calcutta I will buy it from you...