IM SCRATCHIN MY HEAD TOOOO

misfish

Who picks the players of the game??????? :wallbash::wallbash:

How did that goalie from Switserland not get the player of the game????????

On a side note,,,,,,,,

Team CANADA,YOUR IN THE SLOT,SHOOTTTTTTTTTT. :wallbash::wallbash:

Enough of the fancy trick passes.It will bite you in the end.

Have to agree with those comments!

Also I know they are being disciplined in to doing short 40 second shifts but if you are cycling down low and have a 3 on 2 man advantage , please press the attack and dont peel of to the bench until your scoring chance goes away.

As for the green jerseys...... i know its paying homage to Sask but its team Canada not team Sask.

I'm with you on that, B. I couldn't figure out if they were just being clumsy in the slot or if they were trying to make too many passes.

On another note. I watched those refs do the US game the other night. They were brutal.

JF

What was nice to see,was that the Swiss were not a real push over,kept the pressure on.They did a great job the whole game.Canada was lucky IMO.The game could of took a quick change if the iron shoots went in.Then again,it might have woken them up even more and then, the hurt would of been put on.

The USA game, is going to be interesting.Lets just hope,the refs,let them play north american style.

Team CANADA,YOUR IN THE SLOT,SHOOTTTTTTTTTT. wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Agreed....

That was almost painfull to watch at times.

If they try that fancy crap with the Americans they will get their bell rung.

To be honest their passing was sloppy as well I thought....

They should be working on that, not hot dogging.

Canada is a more talented team then the Swiss by a huge margin, but I was NOT impressed with the "TEAM WORK" at all.

If I was behind that bench I'd be livid....

How many shots did we see from the point...like 4????

They don't use their D, and there is a lotta one man show style hot dogging.

Save that crap for the skills competition.

They need to work on useing the Defence in the offensive zone, and get those passes on the tape if they want to be ready for the next level.

But I'll say this....

Best back checking team I've seen this year

Edited by Cookslav

Every time I think these unforgiving thoughts about our young national teams I have to remind myself how tough it must be for the coachs to take a bunch of hometown, or more accurately adopted hometown, heroes still in their teens (the worst age for swollen ego problems) and turn them overnight into a cohesive team unit. These guys are coming from all different systems of hockey, but more importantly are all kids who are their own team leaders and have been put on a pedestal for much of their lives, or at least since they were ten years old in most cases, and constantly reminded about how incredible they are.

I'm surprised at how some of them can even begin to act (and I use that word deliberately) normal when they hit the big time. Imagine how a kid like Crosby has been praised throughout much of his playing life, and to still have the self control (perhaps class) to play the role he does today.

It's a wonder there aren't more breakdowns in that facade like in Tiger's case. We expect normal frailties from ourselves but not from our heroes. So it's understandable that with these kids only into their late teens there might be some showboating issues when they find themselves on the bigger international stage for perhaps the first time. They have to be forgiven for a little grandstanding. And for some they've probably had it pounded into them by proud parents and local coaches that they need to use this chance to show their own best stuff to shoot for a higher draft number, or a better first contract, or an earlier callup to the big show. whatever.

I have to keep reminding myself of this stuff when I see the unnecessary toe drags and through the legs drop passes. They're all afraid to let it look too simple for fear no scouts will see how much talent they really have.

But it's sure fun to watch, isn't it?

JF

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i agree with all the hot dogging and the worst offender in my eyes is kadri. he strikes me as a fairly selfish kid. always looks to shoot. he takes stranges runs and retaliations at other players, calls for the puck constantly, and has a smug attitude. if he comes into the nhl like that he's going to get his bell rung.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

and the swiss were impressive...they easily could have had 2 or 3 goals if they got the bounces and they worked hard right up until the end of the game.

i agree with all the hot dogging and the worst offender in my eyes is kadri. he strikes me as a fairly selfish kid. always looks to shoot. he takes stranges runs and retaliations at other players, calls for the puck constantly, and has a smug attitude. if he comes into the nhl like that he's going to get his bell rung.

You mean like Ovechkin?

Look at the open seats...............the circuits must be in town!

If they were playing the higher ranked teams and later gamesl,I believe you would see a full house.We,ll see if the later game tonight makes a dif.I dont know what the ticket prices are,that might be another reason.Did they price themselves out?They did say the playoff rounds are soldout.

You can bet they will have a full house Thursday night.

Edited by misfish

if u notice the way he plays, hes actually one of the smarter players on the ice. he calls for the puck when hes open and has a good shooting position. hes an excelant passer. hes only taken 2 penalties. and they were only penalties because its international rules. the boarding call last game was iffy, could have been called or could not of depending on the ref. but, ill give him the 2 for boarding on that as a legit penalty. the 2 plus 10 in the first game... not a penalty. it was called because he made contact with the other guys head. it was a 100% clean hit. so ya cant rag on him for taking stupid penalties. as for hot dogging, they are all guilty of it. plsying weaker teams u will see that more. dont expect those kinda plays against the US team. they will play smarter. taylor hall tries more little moves then anyone on the team, and while he gets by some guys, he loses the puck a lot too.

their coach will keep them in check, dont worry about that.

Watching Team Canada put the beat down on a significantly less talented opponent 17-0 was not enjoyable that I actually tuned out early on in the game (when they were up 7-0). Why would anyone pay to see that live - no wonder there were empty seats.

Edited by fisher

sorry to be the one that says it, but its pretty brutal that in a canadian city its not sold out. Guess that is why Calgary/Edmonton have the next one. Ottawa was last year and you can bet montreal and toronto will be bidding as well.

I personally think it should go to the big cities if the smaller ones can't fill the rinks.

Oh and by the way I love the junior tourny more then the NHL playoffs but those green jerseys got to go they are brutal!!!!!

Cheers!

The thing is, they ARE sold out. It's people simply deciding not to go, busy holiday times for crap games against latvia, swiss, etc. can do that. If the opening game was against the US every game after probably would be packed imo. For the tourny opener, any CHL team would provide a more entertaining match up against Team Canada than Latvia.

If the IIHF wants to keep these low ball teams in a world class tournament, they should at least throw in a 10 goal mercy rule to save some embarassment.

Edited by Governator

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

perhaps the empty seats are weekend passes not being used, including fans from nations OTHER than canada. every soo greyhound game is sold out, it's whether or not the season ticket holders show up that makes the building ful