olympus stylus tough-6000

Paully

I just charged the battery for it and been messing around...

Its got alot of cool features..and seems easy to use.

It has a wide angle shot option that will make for some wicked sunrise pictures or landscape shots. I cant wait to get outdoors and try it out.

Its shock proof from 5 ft.

Waterproof up to 10 feet

Freezeproof

I've owned 2 other cameras and each have broke from one of the above issues... so i figured that i might as well try it out.

Edited by Shore_Lunch

I have one of the original Stylus cameras, a Stylus 300 and it is still running strong after 7 years of being beaten on in the outdoors.

It was billed as splash proof but not water proof, however it has been submerged to depths of 6 feet and survived with no ill effects.

So if the new ones are half as good you're going to love it!!!!

I saw that camera in Future Shop last week and the first thought I had was I'll never buy that camera because of the colour!!!!

I envisioned putting it down after the shot to release my trophy steelie only to never be able to fid it again due to the como paint job.

Give me a bright red or silver one instead!!! :whistling:

I'm looking to upgrade to a point and shoot digital soon as well and found this resource extremely helpful in enlightening me with the differences between the many different waterproof cameras and what you can get for the price you pay. I'm particularly interested in capturing my adventures on video and the test for that is quite comprehensive.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

Anyone own this camera?... I Just purchased one and am curious what i just spent my money on..

Now all you have to do is catch a fish (like that's going to happen :rolleyes: ) and take a pic of it... then post the aforementioned pic so I can tell you you're holding it the wrong way/it's too small/it's OOS/ and your face looks like my dogs butt! :w00t:

make sure to buy the floatation device for it , cause at water proof camera at the bottom of the lake is still useless. i have the older model and havent had any problems its a good point and shoot camera

i use the camera in some pretty cold winter steelhead boat fishing on the niagara i have it inside my float suit to keep the batteries warm or the do go fast !!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9722042

Edited by Wiser