Thought I'd never hear myself say it !

irishfield

Got out today, onto a Zone 15 lake, with some of the usual suspects. Lloyd, Terry and Lloyd's buddy Drew. Surface didn't look it....safe... but Lloyd spud'd the way out and we found 5 to 6 inches of ice in most places. Sometimes a little less... sometimes a little more. Looks pretty skimpy thru an open hole.. but the picture is of a 6" thick spot.

Drew caught himself a big rainbow smelt, Myself a little perch and Lloyd a Laker that had to go back to be caught again next weekend for a meal. Terry... he tried! :D

ice.jpg

lloyd.jpg

lloydlaker.jpg

terrydrill.jpg

wayneperch.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Wayne caught a perch

I snapped a picture but it doesn't show up in the photo cause it was so small..LOL

DSCF3602.jpg

Lloyd did get one OOS fish

DSCF3610.jpg

I played with my new Lowrance HDS5

DSCF3605.jpg

DSCF3603.jpg

what a great fishfinder, even with all the other finders around me I figured out how to get rid of almost all the interferance

can't wait for the ice transducer to be built for me

DSCF3612.jpg

another fun day on the water

Good to hear you boys got out.

All I can do for at least another week is armchair fish! dang!

Terry, can you take a picture of your transducer for me? I want to see how you got it set up.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

:worthy: You Lucky OLD farts always having fun with out a goby to tag along lol

Terry one day you will show them to young whipper snappers a thing or 2 about fishing :thumbsup_anim:

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!! BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO BRING YOU ALONG NEXT TIME. CALL ME THIS WEEK. ILL BE ON THE ICE FRI SAT SUN

Awesome Wayne!

Certainly is a spooky feeling on less than 8" of ice.

I'm drooling over your fishfinder.....man is that ever sweet. Come on man...surely an HDS fishfinder deserves the $90 expense to buy a proper 'iceducer'?

Top report......

Thanks man

Here's to many more Ice reports.. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Ron

I just reversed the bracket to balance the transducer then stuck a hunk of styrofoam so it would sit straight in the water

it worked pretty well

I had too much foam

but is fine till my new 83/200 ice transducer comes

DSCF3615.jpg

nice way to go, instead of styrofoam try using a piece of foam from a kids swiming noodle, just cut a 6"-8" piece and attach it the same way with a couple of strips of duct tape. Pretty much makes a copy of the vexilar float set-up

I am getting a ice transducer built for it dual 83/200, I could not find one anywhere so it is being built

I made up the foam on it last minute, just to try it and it worked fine, I don't think I will do anything else as I wait for the new ducer

and yes the different colours tell how hard or soft the bottom is

the black line is my small lure when I first start to jig it , the fishfinder sees it as being a bit bigger so it adds some blue and if something is even bigger it show green in it too and if even bigger , yellow will be in the middle of the line, the are about 25 colour schemes you can use, this is just the one that I found easiest to use

but I am still playing/ learning how to use the darn thing

but so far , it's great