BRP Launches E-TEC Retail Promotion for Boat Show Season

craigdritchie

Received this press release from BRP - anyone looking to buy an E-TEC this winter might be interested.

Consumers who purchase an eligible Evinrude ETEC outboard engine of 25 horsepower and above will have the opportunity to take advantage of the ‘Get an Early Start Sales Event’ retail promotion, which runs January 1, 2010 through April 15, 2010.

The sales promotion offers the consumer a five-year BRP factory-backed limited warranty (three-year factory warranty PLUS an additional two-year B.E.S.T. coverage). In addition, consumers who take delivery of an eligible engine to repower their existing boat during the promotion are qualified to receive a discount on select rigging packages (Analog, I-Command and ICON) with a retail value up to $1,100.

“We understand the need to continue offering our dealers and OEMs traffic-driving programs and are meeting that need with this promotion,” stated Yves Leduc, vice president – general manager for BRP’s North American Division. “Our successful extended protection plan has proven consumers are looking for added peace of mind when buying an outboard. This promotion, along with the added incentive for repowering and the award winning Evinrude E-TEC product all deliver what consumers need and want,” Leduc concluded.

The ‘Get an Early Start Sales Event’ promotion is supported by a comprehensive marketing campaign designed to boost exposure for the program. Online advertising, television and mass email campaigns are all beginning early January. Dealers are provided custom ad slicks, online banner ads and professional radio scripts to promote the program in their local markets. In-store merchandising materials are also available to authorized dealers.

Evinrude engines’ reputation for dependability, quality and reliability coupled with the fact that Evinrude E-TEC is the only outboard with no dealer scheduled maintenance for three years or 300 hours makes the decision to power with Evinrude E-TEC an easy one. Having the lowest operating costs of any outboard engine means that powering with an Evinrude E-TEC can save consumers up to $1,600 per year in fuel and maintenance costs.

BRP's Evinrude E-TEC engine line-up now includes 110 engine models from 25 to 300-horsepower. All engines are available at Evinrude dealerships worldwide. Visit www.evinrude.com or www.repowerwithevinrude.com for more information.

:o OMG let the processed bovine rudiment begin. "Having the lowest operating costs of any outboard engine means that powering with an Evinrude E-TEC can save consumers up to $1,600 per year in fuel and maintenance costs."

I haven't spent anywhere remotely close to that in the last 13 years of owning my Honda. If computer screens could exude the smell, it would smell like a western cattle ranch with that line.

LOL.. I was gonna stay quiet.

We've all been here before.. 3 year no maintenance is a marketing scheme that they were willing to gamble with to get the product off the shelves (and also get you beyond the warrantee!!). No big deal... I've seen nothing in my Verado thru 3 full seasons, April to December in the water, that I couldn't have left the oil in it and just run it till this fall for it's first go over. Heck it could have gone a few more years I bet on the original oils and filters... but do ya wanna is the question! Also keep in mind that being an aircraft kinda guy... I cut my oil filters open and go thru the paper pleats bare handed, and with magnet, looking for metal and babbit.. ever see your guy doing that??

Good that they're offering 2 extra years warrantee coverage now...to deal with the first 3 years of neglect.

Edited by irishfield

I like mine.

It has been a great engine.

And it's better on fuel than the Honda was, plus 45 more horsepower.

And Paul....No way the Verado is better on fuel. The Verado is a great engine though. Just big. Sorry to disagree but I speak the truth on this one.

You are right Paul. not a 4 cylinder. Mine is a V6 175.

Smaller and lighter than the 130 Honda I ran a few years ago.

I get to run a few of the Mercs too. Quiet, reliable, and very smooth are their great attributes.

But they are harder on fuel, or at least they were two summers ago when we did a little real world test down to the French River and back.

We argue back and forth in our shop about this same subject. Some guys are die hard Merc fans and others the 'Rudes.

I was raised on Johnson's so old habits can die hard. ;)

Their website has a savings/maintenance calculator and states a 250 E Tec compared to the equivalent Suzuki reads: 3 years cost, E Tec = $761.67 Suzuki = $2616.43, a saving of up to $1854 compared to the competition. Take it for what it's worth :blahblah1: and where the claim is coming from. Probably calculated to the limit but there is perhaps some merit to their statement. :dunno:

Edited by pikehunter