What ever happened to the..

Guest timeout

I use call display to it's full advantage.

If I see no name, an 800 # or a number I don't know I don't answer.

If it's someone I know and they want to talk to me they will leave a message.

Right on.

Andy, it almost seemed like you had a vent going,come on,let it out. :lol::lol:

Business phones are still fair game according to the rules. I HATE THEM!!!!!

Just get under a car fixing something, it rings, and it's one of them. ARRRRGGGGG GO AWAY!!

I would NEVER buy anything from them, just for that reason.

Can you tell it PISSES me off? :wallbash:

Guest gbfisher
Right on.

Andy, it almost seemed like you had a vent going,come on,let it out. :lol::lol:

No man..just wondering what the average amount of sales calls most people get a day. :D

I just put them on speaker phone while they talk away....the kids think its pretty funny.

I get at least six a day.

when these boneheads call my house i ask why they are calling and then ask if it is being recorded. then i clearly say "i demand that you remove me from your call list and do not call back again. thanks, goodbye". since i have started using this one i havent had any repeats yet which is a big deal for us. Bell gave us a phone number from a canceled line after that person didnt pay the bill for months. i was literally getting 5-6 calls a week for the old name as well as ours. :angry:

Signing up with the Do Not Call registry is the first step in getting these calls to stop. The next step is to actually record a complaint with the registry once a telemarketer calls you at https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/pfplin-fccoin-eng

If you don't register violations, how can the registry work to its full potential and deal with the offenders? If we all reported our complaints, the telemarketers will get the message and pay attention to the list.

In order to register your complaint you need to record the name of the company, the name of the telemarketer, the day and time they called. I found that in order to get the name of the person calling, you need to first seem interested in their services. Once you get all the info you need, them that you are registering a complaint since you are on the do not call list and to take you off their list.

The last time I did this, I actually had a supervisor call me back and apologize profusely....pretty ballsy if you ask me especially since I had told the caller that my kids were sleeping .

The list has worked for me, calls have nearly stopped completely.

BUT

I heard a rumour that cell phone numbers were being released to them and today I was informed that I was the lucky winner of a cruise........................

Going to register my cell number on the list now, I'll be right back.