Hard Water Species Targeted This Season

Leecher

What Will You Be Mainly Targeting This up Coming Hard Water Season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Select one?

• Bass
    • Walleye
    • Perch
    • Whities
    • Lakers
    • Specks
    • Spotted Bass
    • Sturgeon
    • Carp
    • Steelhead - Chrome
    • Channel Cat
    • Pike
    • Crappie

Hey guys, lets have some fun before the hard water stuff gets here....

It's always interesting to see what others are planning to target in the up coming season..... I know that for some of you, there won't be any hard water fishing but please make a selection..... that includes our friends from the south. I think I've covered pretty well all the fresh water species in the poll

I for myself will be targeting mainly walleye this year.... I have the 6" auger ready and tipups and jigging rod.

Lets see your selection for the fun of it...

Lets have some fun!!!

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Scoot down to Upper Manitou in the early hours and catch my limit of Lakers......head down the logging road again and hit Dore Lake for whities in the afternoon and be there for some walleye action on the evning bite same lake

......lets hope the skidoomobilethingy dont break down too often.

Edited by limeyangler

whities for sure, hopefully walleye and lakers

crappie is always good too

Thanks hendrix!!! Whities is one of the toughest species to catch and sure is the most exciting to hook on :D

I'll be targeting Lakers and Whities - but what I'll catch is perch! :w00t:

Tracker

Thanks Tracker!!! Perch is always fun to catch too.... good luck with the lakers and whites

I have to pick just ONE? sigh...okay...but I notice that Ling are missing from the list...you never know....

Thanks Johnny!!! I can't add any more choices to the poll cause I reached the limit..... but ling is another species that I've never caught on ice :)

Lakers are number one for me. :D

Then it's Whities, walleyes and Pike.

Thanks Drifter!!! I was hoping you post a hard water report for us.... I know you have good ice up there right now :canadian:

Pike and whities!

Thanks Kev!!! But what about Bass????

normally i couldnt pick just one but after the wallies i caught on my little lake last year i had to chalk one up for the eyes!

Thanks Matt!!! I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you go out on hard water.

All Salvelinus, all the time.

Thanks Dr!!!

I voted crappie because it was the closest think you had to bluegill on the list jacques! I'd also like to try my hand at catching a carp through the ice... tried last year with zero success but I'm going to give it another go this year...

Thanks Ryan!!! Yes bluegill is another fine species to target on ice but I reach the limit of choices on the poll :lol:

Crappie Kawarthas

Walleye Quinte

Perch No better place then Simcoe

Thanks Harrison!!!

Scoot down to Upper Manitou in the early hours and catch my limit of Lakers......head down the logging road again and hit Dore Lake for whities in the afternoon and be there for some walleye action on the evning bite same lake

......lets hope the skidoomobilethingy dont break down too often.

Thanks Simon!!! Life is good to ya up there :) Wish you good luck.... I know that the hard stuff is coming real soon or has it already started??

Thanks Simon!!! Life is good to ya up there :) Wish you good luck.... I know that the hard stuff is coming real soon or has it already started??

I think its finally started...after many..many false starts.

were at zero temps during the days now too so it wont be long.....i might hit up that lake i asked your advice about last year re: catching bass thru the ice...say i'm gonna try every year and never do, but its one of those small lakes that ices over quick.

Anyhoo....great post Jacques...keep up the good work.

I think its finally started...after many..many false starts.

were at zero temps during the days now too so it wont be long.....i might hit up that lake i asked your advice about last year re: catching bass thru the ice...say i'm gonna try every year and never do, but its one of those small lakes that ices over quick.

Anyhoo....great post Jacques...keep up the good work.

Ohhh now you got me excited :santa: It just a matter of time before we see a Simon style hard water report B)

If you can go..... good luck Simon :canadian:

Remember "Canadian Wobbler in bronze" :D

TThanks Drifter!!! I was hoping you post a hard water report for us.... I know you have good ice up there right now :canadian:

Plenty of ice up here, I have just been too busy to go. :(

I would go tomorrow, but it is going to be too nice so I have work to do on my sled trailer.

Better to do it now when the temps are -3 to -5 than when it's -20!!!

Plenty of ice up here, I have just been too busy to go. :(

I would go tomorrow, but it is going to be too nice so I have work to do on my sled trailer.

Better to do it now when the temps are -3 to -5 than when it's -20!!!

I hear ya on the temps..... I can just imagine in January and February, must be brutal up your way :blink:

It's always better to fix what needs fixing now than later.

But please post a report when you do go out :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

Tight lines

Jacques

Edited by Leechman