Just an itty bitty report

bigugli

Had enough of staring at 4 walls and the VDT. Had my wife drop me and my gear at a fishing hole with my friend Bill. Cane in hand and shopping buggy in tow, full of all sorts of goodies, I go hobbling down the path to a good spot. Get out my chair, cushion, bucket, backpack, rods, bait. Oops, forgot the umbrella.

Despite the change in wind and weather, the bite was off. A hit here and there, some misses and a few keeper perch. Then the rain hit. So much for "scatterred showers" This one hung over us for 3 hours. :wallbash:

At the same time as the rain hit the bite died off. Next thing, whack, a sharp hit and bite off. Next my buddy Bill gets this monster :P

DSCN2864.jpg

We then see a couple of small ones roll on the surface. I got a few short whacks but can't pick the rod up fast enough, and Bill gets another hammer handle. No more pics in the pouring rain.

Despite getting soaked it was good to get out. I feel like a bag lady pushing the cart full of gear along, but It's that or no fishing. I am kinda liking the comfy chair though ;)

To heck with felling like a bag lady...the shopping cart and comfy chair sound like they make things go smoother...that's what it's all about. Besides, don't you realize that when fishing is involved you're allowed to do things like that? I wouldn't be surprised if there are OFC members who have wore chest waders on the bus or subway.

Did you have fun? That's all that matters.