Mnr Cuts = This?

Ron

Nemo I know that hat because my brother in law works for Bell.... and when I asked him for one he said he was not able get me one.... It seems Ma Bell has tightened her purse-strings lol...

But it is DEFINATLY a Bell Canada winter Toque and have an extremely good chance to be a BCE employee.

Gerritt.

I think you guys are all missing the real point here... who puts a 30 merc on a boat like that ... seriously underpowered... I think the salesman who sold it should be fined with themmm B)

....making it sticky is great, but can we changed the subject to make it more urgent?

Maybe something like...."Help ID these Guys...Who has access to boat registration info?"

Cliff

I agree with Cliff. It seems this thread has been around for a while & I just noticed it. Needs a new title, something that'll GRAB your attention.

This is awesome stuff though, really makes you feel good to know you're 'doing something' instead of just sittin' around, whining about idiots like these guys.

Talka about doing something,,,why didn't someone or the picture taker go over there and tell them it's illegal instead of sitting around and talking about it for 8 days on the internet. Tell them you've got a picture and if they don't stop you'll report'em and you've got pictures as proof.

Why do we have to pin it to sit around and talk about it on the interent for 8 days? Not to mention there's 3 rods in that picture where you can't even be 100% certain that they're all in the water pullin baits - which is my view from the picture which may differ from what was actually seen.

Gman

Edited by Gman

Even if he has five in the water, GMan..it is still illegal. LSC is a one rod per angler lake.

It is not the job of anglers to confront people when they are poaching. It is the job of the MNR. Unfortunately, due to cuts, there really isn't much effective enforcement left. Anglers should not confront poachers..they should get as much info as possible.

Leaving it on the internet for 8 days just might get the attention of someone who matters to let them know this is what has become of the resources.

If we turn blind eyes to these guys and don't make as much fuss as possible, this kind of destruction will continue.

The politics of all that has happened to the MNR is only just beginning. Don't let them sweep it under the rug.

Not once did I say 5 rods was okay.

Just merely pointed out there are 3 rods we can't see the tips of so we don't know 100% what they're doing based on the picture. Many seem to be soo focused on the 8 rods not noticing the 3 we can't see the tips of eventhough it's still illegal.

Now, we know there's been cut backs, isn't it also turning a blind eye when you're right there and you've got the power to do something but chose not too? Which brings me to ask another question, was there a cell phone or VHF radio around?

Gman

Edited by Gman

Call who, Gman?? No one is coming..but point taken. Still, this is the best we can do given what is done.

We do not, in any way shape or form, condone or suggest to members or anyone else that they confront poachers. Don't do it. They are criminals.

Get evidence, phone the MNR. We must remain ethical and legal even if those around us do not. It is not worth risking your safety.

We can shame the poachers and shame the government for creating this monster.

Put the phone number 1-877-TIPS-MNR into your cell phone and make the call.

Take the registration number and the picture Gavin and do something about it if you are so concerned :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: . Call the ministry and give them the link to this website. I posted on the LSC website regarding this practice and received some interesting comments about it.

Take the registration number and the picture Gavin and do something about it if you are so concerned :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: . Call the ministry and give them the link to this website. I posted on the LSC website regarding this practice and received some interesting comments about it.

Right on qeue buddy!

You mean to say NOBODY here as past on the link already,,,,shame on you ;) What have you been doing the last 8 days :D

Gman

Edited by Gman

Unfortunately, the situation with the MNR and enforcement is kind of like voting in the federal election. Regardless of what you do, it's not going to make a smidgeon of difference. We're all paying for someone elses greed at the end of the day.

I see this post, at most, reaching those anglers and humiliating them, and hopefully their family or close friends see this and realize the scum that they are :blink:

Tony

With all that's being said I've been thinking -

Given the cutbacks to the MNR and the lack thereof why don't some of you around here volunteer - here's the chance to put all your knowledge and leadership qualities to good use.

Should have no problem getting someone from the MNR to look into this.

Cheers,

Gman

I think it's a nice boat,,,,not exactly the make and model I would've chosen as it's a little small for the waters I fish and the other applications I use the boat for but to each their own!

Cheers,

Gman

Goin' out on a limb here but I would think if one were REALLY concerned one would pull lines and drive over and advise of regs for the area - just a thought no?

Cheers,

Gman

Since you showed concern in the past threads, I think we should nominate you as leader to call the MNR. And what about the swill??

If ya want a good laugh just read the responces I got from a local board here on LSC and remember the swampmaster owns a bait shop/boat launch/boat rental/trailer park. I wounder what he would think if there was some people fishing from his docks or infront of his place with 8 rods.

http://www.basshavencanada.com/swamp/viewthread.php?tid=3871

Edited by MrEh

The thing is they could be undercover or indians for that matter - nobody knows cause nobody asked or confronted them.

I'm sorry some of you misunderstood me for someone who REALLY cares I was really trying to make a point - that you don't know for sure what the situation is and you're automatically jumping on and labelling these fellas who could very well be innocent or for that matter doing their job!

Question - How would it make you feel to find out if by chance because of all this attention they were assulted or had some personal property damaged?

I'm partially of the opinion that as long as they're within their limit who really cares how many rods they run.

Gman

Who Cares ????? I care!!!! Come on give me a brake Indians MRN what are you guys smoking They are 2 idiots out fishing breaking the law!!! They have no disregaurd for the law Today there using to many poles tommorrow there keeping over there limit and so on. Gavin I really expected much more out of you, If you truly dont care how many rods they are using then you have no respect for the law. 1 pole per angler was put into place for a reason who are you to say it doesnt make a difference??? I guess all of the work and research that the Ontario Goverment and MNR have done means nothing cause its OK to fish with two rods.... Think about what you are saying I know you are just trying to start a stir. Why not start a stir on something intellegent.. This is total ludacrist Its wrong everyone knows its wrong....

Robin