More desert Bassing

Garry2Rs

Well Friends, the weather is cooling off.

At the beginning of November it was at least 80 every day. This week it struggled to reach 75. The overnight lows are still around 50, so it's quite pleasent.

We are still fishing with the neighbour and over the past week I have caught a few small Bass in the Colorado River.

We aren't fishing in the river proper, but in "lakes" that are flooded backwaters created by the various dams.

005-3.jpg

008.jpg

My friend Kelly has been tossing Senko worms as well as spinnerbaits of his own and one from the KVD box.

I'm still only using the baits that are in the KVD Sexy Shad box that I bought on the way down.

So far worms and spinnerbaits are a bust, but the Red-eye Shad Rattle bait is working.

SKRES-CSD.jpg

I have also caught fish on the #2 and #3 crankbaits.

SKPMCB-CSD.jpg

As I said earlier, the fish have been small...

Here's the best one:

kelly032.jpg

On the other hand...You will note that I'm still fishing in a T-shirt.

Things have a way of evening out...hahaha.

In the past, all of my big fish, down here, have come out of the Mittry Lake Reservoir.

My neighbour has preferred to fish the river, because we are catching fish there...I can't fault his reasoning.

However, I think it's time to make a trip to Mittry, even if it's just Buck and I on our own.

I will keep you posted on our progress...

Garry

Fishing is my favorite form of loafing.

Well Roy,

Cheap beer and no snow to shovel will sure put the inches on you.

Grin.

You could always let Buck take the helm whilst you splash into the water and paddle around with yer nose unerwater looking for the last bass Buck CPRed. Or swim to shore for a little poop 'n run exercise like Buck does.

JF

So how old do I need to be to enjoy such times off from Canada?

Jokin sir, lovely report indeed. You should hit up your water where you have done well on in the past. I would never pass up the chance to fish water that holds few biggins rather than lot's of small fish.

Ah well, your decision I just want to see a bass caught in December lol

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF