Stupid Stupid ME

misfish

My plan today was to walk in and retrieve my card from the trail cam after work,then move it back out to the field.

So I do just that.As I walk out of the greens in the bush,then into the hardwoods,I jump a big doe.I quickly grab my grunt call out of my jacket and give a few calls.She settles down and stops.I watch here for a minute.I decide to see how close I can get to her,when all of a sudden,this big buck jumps out from the same spot.Im thinking they were doing the thing. :rolleyes::lol:

That was all it took,they were both on thier way, back deep into the far greens.

Stupid stupid me, :wallbash::wallbash: I should know better then not going in without my bow.

Ohwell,atleast I know there are still some animals around.

The cam produced some turkeys.Yeah,they know the season has passed dont they.LOL

Looks like I need to fix the time on the cam.

20091109_04.jpg

20091109_06.jpg

Edited by misfish

I still haven't changed the time on my camera either. I retrieved my card today also. I had some Does coming in at 4:30pm yesterday and a new young buck show himself but again only at night.

I would take note of the spot those deer came out of that you spooked. They may bed down on a regular basis in that spot. With the right wind you may be able to put a stalk on them.

DOH!

At least you know the buck is still around

Went in to switch cards in my cams today and saw four doe in the field.

They just walked off into the bush (must be getting used to me or they knew I had some apples for them)

Got these two pics off the one cam

Haven't set the clock back on the cam yet

got tomorrow off...can you guess where i will be at dawn

The was also a pic of a big doe in between these two pics. I'm thinking he was following her around the salt lick

MDGC0022.jpg

MDGC0024.jpg

Hope to post a buck down report tomorrow

Hope you get that buck Brian

rick

Silly, if you had taken your bow, they would have left before you got to see them. Deer ar smart, they know when you have your bow with you how else do you explain the fact that you always see them when you don't have it and never see them when you do? They go to school for that stuff you know! :D

I can drive my bike down into the field in the middle of the day where my stand is and see 3 or 4 right in front of my stand. Get in there and sit all day and see nothing. They KNOW!

That is one fine looking buck yum yum! Hope to see your post down post soon!

Edited by Big Cliff