Funny for today

HTHM

I asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister of Canada some day.

Both of her parents, NDP supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed, and said, "Welcome to the NDP Party!"

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I told her. I continued, "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out. You can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I smiled and said, "Welcome to the Conservative Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

don't worry about her parents..... you just gave that kid more info about the nature of two of the party's than she will ever learn from them...

Now... how would a liberal deal with that issue?

they wouldn't... but they would sure as hell pay a lot of money to "understand it" ! :P

the liberals would demand they give him more money and now or they will call an election......

then when the Conservative gives more money the Liberal threatens an election for over spending....

oh wait that was what happened over the recession

Another way to look at it is that the NDPers are unselfishly concerned with the welfare of the homeless guy and the conservative is only interested in getting to exploit a source of cheap labour so he can avoid doing any real work himself.

Its funny because its true.

Another way to look at it is that the NDPers are unselfishly concerned with the welfare of the homeless guy and the conservative is only interested in getting to exploit a source of cheap labour so he can avoid doing any real work himself.

Or another way to look at it is the NDPers are selfishly unconcerned about the welfare of overburdened taxpayers and the conservative is only interested in getting every able-bodied person pulling some of the weight, just like the overburdened taxpayers do..

Or another way to look at it is the NDPers are selfishly unconcerned about the welfare of overburdened taxpayers and the conservative is only interested in getting every able-bodied person pulling some of the weight, just like the overburdened taxpayers do..

The conservative is primarily concerned that he himself pay less taxes and in unconcerned about the welfare of people outside his socio-economic class. That's the very definition of selfish. Besides, aren't the NDPers taxpayers too? If they are prepared to share an equal (or in some case, greater) burden of the financial cost of dealing with social problems...how are they "selfish."

I'm off to camp for a couple days so you'll have to finish this conversation without me.

Edited by Fishnwire