-5 tonight ! It's that time again lads

irishfield

winterize wayne? there's still several weeks of good fishn

will be out on the bay till we have to break ice.

Yup and luckily I managed to fit the boat in the garage...no winterizing for me ever again(maybe a dash of stabilizer here and there)....Hallelujah!!

winterize wayne? there's still several weeks of good fishn

will be out on the bay till we have to break ice.

So will I Raf.. so will I !!

lewa.jpg

But the water in the boat will freeze sitting in the laneway, or hauling it home from your favourite fishing hole, long before the bay goes stiff ! :o .. and that gets expensive.

Edited by irishfield

I'm on it Wayne, looks like i've got 3 days of 10 degrees C over the weekend, just hope the hose pipe thaws quickly this morning.

Dude...you're supposed to keep that thing under the covers with you so you don't have that problem when you wake up :rolleyes:

Thanks for the ideas but I have a quick question for ya.

Do you think it is nesessary to add anti freeze through the outlet of your bilge pump or does it have a check valve ?

There is no check valve in a bilge pump... take a look and see if you have any low points in the outlet line(s). If not.. all water will drain to the hull and as I noted I put the "waste" antifreeze in there to cover an rain water etc that may get in while fishing from now 'til freeze up. My boat doesn't leak a drop so your mileage may vary on/with water in the hull itself. Bilge pump and lines also won't sink you boat if something breaks.. unlike thru hull livewell pumps and power washer inlets below the water line. Edited by irishfield