Beautiful full moon,rain,wind, and hail

misfish

Boy, when I woke up and seen the rain had stopped, and the moon had lite up the clear sky and stars galore,I was jacked to get back out again this morning.

There was no dought of todays plan.Hit the climber stand where I seen the does.

I arrived early,5:30 am.It was like a light was on, it was so bright.I decided to get to my stand even earllier so not to spook anything,if thats possible.

Once I was up the tree I could see as clear as if it were daytime.Made sure to check the time, at all times, to make sure when legal shooting time was.6:30am. The conditions were perfect. Slight breeze to my face,blowing my scent away from the greens.For about an hour and a half after shooting time, it was very quite.Nothing. Then the winds picked up,rain started.Winds got stronger.The change in temps, turned rain, in to hail.There were times while in my stand,I thought the tree might snap.LOL Almost rocked me to sleep.By 11:30, I had enough of the hail,wind and swaying. So I decided to do some walking .So off to the bean field which was cropped Sunday.Wind was to my advantage,so if there was anything there,I might have a chance to set up for when they returned to the bush.No deer where in the field.. :P

The hail still continuing.

My next step was to hit the bedding areas.Again,the wind was in my favor. As you can see,they were already there and gone. :P

20091103_09.jpg

20091103_10.jpg

20091103_11.jpg

5hrs out is still better then none.

I could see the dark clouds all the way home at my back.They were heading for Barrie.By the time I got to Barrie and out of CTC, the hail had begone again.

I did come accross this mushroom that looked like a flower.Pretty cool.

Day three will be here soon enough.

Hope Im not boring you.Since I have not contributed with any fishing post,I thought I would share this years hunt.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by misfish

Bright full moon during deer hunt is always bad. Like salmon the deer get used to moving around at night. I had the dog out at a little past 11pm last night and boy was it ever bright. Anyone notice the size of the moon still above the horizon this morning on the drive to work. It was ernormous.

Any signs of the rut. I saw 6 deer on Sunday morning fishing for trout. Nice big buck crossed the river below me followed by a doe and then another doe and 2 fawns. Too bad there's no hunting there - inside city limits. Might have to start rattling and see if any young bucks get excited

Any signs of the rut

Very little right now Paul.

I did see a small scrape,but thats about it.I even walked a tree line that has been used year after year.Nothing fresh.

Meant to add Paul.

I will be making a couple of fake scrapes Wednesday.

I picked up some "real" buck urine on the way home at the wolfsden.

Edited by misfish

I love the day by day, picture and video report, since I was unsuccessful for the tag this year. Pat shot a 6 point this morning at 80yrds. Hunting is not easy as you mentioned, by it very rewarding. Nice mushroom by the way.

Edited by DanielM

I love the day by day, picture and video report, since I was unsuccessful for the tag this year. Pat shot a 6 point this morning at 80yrds. Hunting is not easy as you mentioned, by it very rewarding. Nice mushroom by the way.

I want pics.LOL

Nice shooting Pat.

Spooked has been down in the back field since before sun up... pouring rain.. hailing.. blowing..half expected him to come in and hug the wood stove in the shop long ago...... but I just checked for his truck and it's still there... so he must be waiting for sun down... OR fell asleep !

He said he was staying out ALL day... so I'm not gonna blow his cover. Wind isn't in favour of me walking in. Now if the truck parking exceeds his meter limit I'll get me 10 million candle power flashlight out!

Yeah and don't wear the deer hide coat and the antler hat that Leah got for you to be warm in the bush with.

He said he was staying out ALL day... so I'm not gonna blow his cover. Wind isn't in favour of me walking in. Now if the truck parking exceeds his meter limit I'll get me 10 million candle power flashlight out!

Ok.

Guess I get worried at times, due to I lost a friend a few years back. Heart attack dragging a deer out.You may remember that on the news a while back in the Mansfield area.

Brian, you have about the same weather that we have up here except for us, it all rain. Very hot for this time of year and not so good for deer movement. Saturday was a total wash :wallbash: rained all day.

Sunday was nice but again too warm. Monday morning had a little frost on the ground but by afternoon..... too warm again. This morning, heavy rain :angry: My brother and I are going back this coming Thursday cause snow is in the forecast.... just might get lucky then B)

Keep your daily reports coming.... love to read them!!!

Jacques

All is well :D

What a day. No deer, I'm bagged. I ended up getting soaked this morning, when the hail/snow/wind picked up and stayed out all day. I just sat in the hottub for an hour. No luck, but once that wind picked up, I didn't really think I had a chance. It sure didn't call for 45 mph gusts today!!

Back at er again tommorow morn!!

He know if he gets a deer and needs help to come and get me... so I think all is well.

I love reading your daily adventures, Deer hunting can be exciting,boring,exhilarating,exhasting all at the same time. We (my group of 4) are hunting in the Omeme are, south of Lindsay Monday we bagged 2 Does and had 4 others come to and around are stands no more tags. Mr buck has been around scrapes are everywhere but the big guy to smart. We did get a glimps of him but it was after shooting time and the guns were incased.

Keep at her you will be rewarded, sometimes a little help goes along way.