this ever happen to anyone?

redneck666

LOL! hey folks,

has anyone ever had a squirrel in their basement/house before? haha well, i had one in my basement not too long ago. i guess he got in from the chimney that comes outta my roof. there is a cage on it but i guess its not on very well. so my guess is he fell down the chimney and chewed a hole through the spray foam/insulation i had to cover up the hole from my old wood stove. so i walk downstairs right, he's sittin there starrin at me on my work bench, with his big eyes and i say "what the hell do you think your doin in here?" he stares at me for a bit longer then turns to the cat which is havin a jolly ol' time rollin around on the floor meowing tryin to get the little red squirrel to play with her. i call the dog over, she just tried to eat the damn thing, so after i got control of her, i put a pair of gloves on and took it outside but not without a few thoughts of it in a stew, lol! so i think it mighta but down there for a while cause i noticed that the insualtation kept being pulled down for about 3 days (thought it was the cat). i wish i got a pic of the little fella but i didnt think of that... im surprised he didnt run when he seen me. anyway this ever happen to anyone else??

hope you enjoyed reading my little highlight of my day, lol.

JP

great story! had a chipmunk in my basement the other day???? trapped him (her?) in a corner caught the little fella in a box. went quite well really. let him out the front probably come in the back tomorrow.

interesting, just walked onto the apparatus floor, there is a seagull walking around the station....

Edited by smally21

We had a whole colony in the farmhouse decades back one winter. They started chewing through wires. Put out a live trap, baited with peanut butter, in the summer pantry. They'd get trapped at night and some wound up as squirrelsickles by morning. IT was down to -20 a couple of nights. By the time we were done we had trapped and released 15 or so plus the squirrelsickles.

Edited by bigugli

never in the house or cottage, just in the boat house. let me tell you, when they get in there and can't find a way out or food look out. I opend the door (hadn't been there in 2 weeks) to see the fishing rods all over the floor and this wee guy/gal dead at the boat doors with it's head up to the door. I guess it noticed it was stuck, freaked out and went full speed into the door and died. so far, that's 2 this year that have done that... :dunno:

Black squirrels in our attic 3 years ago...don't know how many...just heard them skampering around UP THERE. The little buggers took ALL the pink blown in insulation and piled it up in one corner of the attic above my daughters bedroom...making a nest I suppose?The rest of the attic was void of insulation.

I took a radio up there with and extension cord and left it in there with the volume turned up high for 2-3 weeks. Haven't seen them since. Guess they didn't like my radio station :P

lol well my neighbour feeds the black squirrels and now on occasion when the blacks arent around he feeds the reds. he's got this little box set up with a lid on hinges so the squirrel just flips up the lid climbs right in grabs a few peanuts and runs off. and when there are no peanuts left in the box they wait at his door. this guy is damn near 100 years old and he's in fantastic shape! only looks about 76..... does everything himself except for cook cause he lives with his daughter. just thought i'd share that, lol.

We had a chipmunk in the basement a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I have 3 cats and I couldn't trap the little bugger before they did what cats do. This is the first live critter these cats have seen. The reaction was humorous, but nor for the chipmunk. The Norwegian Forest cat was on it in a minute, the Maine Coon rocked back on her haunches and then took up the chase. Our big male siberian.......... ran up the stairs