Electronic shop in Woodstock?

Headhunter

I have been dealing with Jocylen for years and have never heard that from anyone that I have sent there Fish4Eyes... very uncharacteristic since I know from experience what Jocylen does for his customers. It's the reason he's so busy even though he's out in the boons.

He gave me the highest price out there for my unit, don't know what the hype is about.

you must have pissed him off or something. I fish tournies against him and he gives me the hands down best price around and if he's bangin fish on a new bait he tells me right away Jos is a great guy and gets 90% of my business and he returns the favor every time I go in the store .

Put me down as another one who has never heard that about Jos or the shop if he is not there then you will not get the rock bottom price but what it is on the wall if you have a better price talk to him you might just be happy you took the extra time there. And the info you will learn (not the first time as there is to much that he knows) you cant put a price on that he is the best at what he does I know many guys who head there from Windsor area to his store to pay a bit more then if they went to BPS which is closer in MI or Caballas or Gander they are all closer then his store but the traffic still heads east.

I've dealt with him for about a year now and sent countless friends there and he's treated everyone well. Like anywhere get an idea of what things cost and go in and check things out. He's always willing to price match most things (usually beat already) but for such a high volume shop they don't have a website - so you can tell word of mouth obviously works. So if you see something elsewhere online in Canada chances are he will be able to beat it. Not to mention the great service if you have problems with anything usually no questions asked.

Edited by scugog

Angling Outfitters is a top notch store & Joc. and his staff are always willing to give you advice & support.

For example, I bought a pair of hip waders from him at the old location back in the mid 80's. I remember him telling me that this may be the last set of waders that I would need. I still use them in 2009 on the tribs & they don't leak.

I always enjoy going to his shop - he has a lot of quality stuff.

WR

Simply put, Josh is the man and there is no other. He takes care of his customers like no other and he's knows his stuff!

Cheers G.

+1 cant beat his prices on any big ticket items. Any tackle store that can drop a 100 grand on electronics on any given day gets my vote. Just remember your not just paying for a unit your paying for service. Does bass pro give you a run down on your unit and set up for you? jos makes sure his customers leave happy.

He does like to push the Lowrance line though. He will sell other lines but will spend some time trying to get you into the Lowrance line.

Jos pushes anything he has ton's of....and is making $ off.

Great guy,very informative, great shop, just tries to get you into stuff that's not necessarily the best, but he got a deal on 250 units and wants to move them......Just buisness I guess!

My 2

Great guy,very informative, great shop, just tries to get you into stuff that's not necessarily the best, but he got a deal on 250 units and wants to move them......Just buisness I guess!

My 2

He got a deal on those units because he bought 250.Not because they are no good.To say he pushes stuff only to get rid of it is an unfair statement in my eyes.He Knows his products better then anyone else selling them and believes in them.You look at his boat and his gear and he uses what he pushes.

Ok... I was looking for a name and a number and I got it quickly, thanks again Scugog!

I did call him re a Lowrance Ice machine a buddy is considering buying for this up coming ice season. His price was very competitive from what we have been able to research.While I had him on the phone, I asked him about upgrading my old portable Garmin and he gave me some great advice on how to get where I want to be, without spending a ton of dough... so at this point anyway, once his stock comes in, I'll be talking to him again.

Seems I to am starting to line up at the door of angling specialties!

HH

Joss is the man. I drive there from Oshawa regular and lots come from WAY further away than that. Not just for good price, he knows what he's doing. I've had a lowrance network on my boat for two seasons plus ethernet and all works great....Joss hooked it all up in store, and sent me away with it all labled and in tact. When I installed on the boat, I just unhooked one plug at a time, ran the wire and plugged back in. He set up the ping, cones, everything for the type of fishing I do. You don't get that at Radio World. Just try to get out of his shop in less than 3 hours....customers, phone....he is one busy dude!

Bring him a coffee and you'll get an extra 5% off....tell him I said that and he may add an extra 5% LOL..

RR

I think on Friday I might just take my boat into storage and then stop in for a couple/three hours in Woodstock. I just fell into $500 play money... just enough for another Tekota and fill the tank on the Suburban.

P.S. if anyone needs indoor storage near Woodstock, lemme know... $40/mo for a 17-18'er. Nice clean building with concrete floor... pretty sure he still has room.

My 2

He got a deal on those units because he bought 250.Not because they are no good.To say he pushes stuff only to get rid of it is an unfair statement in my eyes.He Knows his products better then anyone else selling them and believes in them.You look at his boat and his gear and he uses what he pushes.

You are right....anyone knows the best deal is the highest volume. Joss will committ huge money to fill the store with products he believes in. Most tackles shops around won't do that. He doesn't push things that he doesn't use himself for the most part. He buys quanity on things he has confidense in, if you have confidense you can sell it no problem.

Cheers

RR

another +1 for Joss..... hooked me up with A TONNNNNE of stuff here recently... I just found out where he was in september.... I think Im due for a drive to his place soon.... told me he would upgrade my f/f to a combo unit this winter for a great price. The guy knows his stuff !