State Record Muskie caught by 14 year old girl in Kentucky.

splashhopper

that's pretty old, been around here a time or 2.

Cute girl!

Big fish!!!

... too bad they had to murder it by taking too many pics and keeping it out of the water for too long. :(

It is my belief that there was no mishandling by the anglers. Matter of fact the older guy is a well known lake guide and would DEFINATELY not benefit from any harvest whatsoever.

that's pretty old, been around here a time or 2.

Cute girl!

Big fish!!!

... too bad they had to murder it by taking too many pics and keeping it out of the water for too long. :(

Stirrin'the pot a bit maybe?

The video does say they tried to revive the fish for 45 minutes. "You catch the fish you put it right back in to let it grow." C&R portion of the video starts at around 3:10.

Pictures could have been taken after the revival period.

Murdering a fish - that's the first I've heard that phrase. It's a shame the fish died, but murder implies intent, which I don't think is the case here. I'm happy for the girl...hope she's a great spokesperson for the sport.

I agree - the Michigan fish looks a lot more than 3 pounds heavier.

Kentucky really does have some of the most unbelievable muskie fishing anywhere. I've been down there a few times, and after each trip I come away completely awestruck by the combination of good numbers and solid average size. Plus, every now and then you do see some really big fish.

Coolest thing is, it's primarily a casting fishery. I wrote about this in more depth in this month's OFC digital magazine (see www.ontariofishing.net/news2009/sept2009-2.html). Load up with some Super Shad Raps, some Mepps Muskie Killers and a handful of Baby Depth Raiders, and you're all set.

I have fished Cave Run Lake, with legendary muskie guide Crash Mullins, and it is amazing. Even better is Green River Lake - same fishery, but with one quarter of the pressure. If you want to have one incredible long weekend with your friends, drive down there (10 hours), stay at Emerald Island Resort (very nice lakeside accommodation, and owner Terry Brown is a great guy) and go fish with muskie guide Bill Jarboe - a tremendous character and one of the most brilliant anglers you'll ever meet. Mention you read about it on my article here, and you'll be well taken care of. Hatchery-based fishery, so it's a year-round season. Fall is (surprise) the best time to be there.

The mind-blowing part is that Green River Lake also has an awesome walleye fishery - we're talking 'eyes to 10 pounds, folks - and no one touches them. It's totally untapped. Talk about a great combo for a fall trip!

I read that The fish was caught on a "DOUBLE COWGIRL" ,casting. Heres one for the double vs single thread Solo started a few weeks ago , we will never know if the fish would have hit a single, but we know it DID hit the double ????? Great fish , I read where the Kentucky wildlife Department said it was stocked as a fingerling in 1989 , 19 year old fish .

That made me think of the one that Jaden caught when she was 8.... some of the newer members may not have seem this!!!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Way to go Jaaaden ..... wooohoooo.... :clapping::worthy:

thanks for posting this

Edited by splashhopper