Gsp Vs Hughes

pigeonfisher

Awesome fight. Everything else on that card was rather, well let's just be nice and say crap!!!! :sleeping_02:

GSP looked phenomenal and deserved the win. Silvia looked boring as usual and uncomfortably awkward, again as usual.

Looking forward to Tito / Lidell, that should be an awesome fight as well.

JP

Hughes got pummelled, it wasn't even close. St. Pierre almost knocked him out in the first round, but Hughes was saved by the bell at the end of the round. GSP then finished him off in the second with a kick to the head that dropped Hughes, and then he administered a viscious "ground and pound". WTG GSP. :thumbsup_anim: The Silva fight was a real snoozer. Big John McCarthy had to step in and tell them "this is a fight, let's see some action". Dana White looked pretty disgusted after the Silva/Monson fight.

Yup GSP was in fine form... it was nice to see that GSP shut the trap of Hughes up with authority!! I doubt Hughes will talk anymore trash about St.Pierre on Ultimate Fighter

Looks like the rematch will be here in Canada just up the 401 infact I might see if I can get a few tickets :)

Gerritt.

Awesome fight. Everything else on that card was rather, well let's just be nice and say crap!!!! :sleeping_02:

JP

How can you say the other fights were crap? Did you only watch the Sylvia/Monson fight? The first three fights of the broadcast were good fights. The first fight ending in the submission was quick, but interesting nonetheless. The next 2 fights were good brawls.

The Sylvia/Monson fight was typical for Sylvia... pecking punches, control the smaller guy and get a decision. I think the UFC should follow in the footsteps of others orgs and knock 10% off the fighters pay for lack of action if warned by the ref. That would speed things up.

Corey

Yup GSP was in fine form... it was nice to see that GSP shut the trap of Hughes up with authority!! I doubt Hughes will talk anymore trash about St.Pierre on Ultimate Fighter

Looks like the rematch will be here in Canada just up the 401 infact I might see if I can get a few tickets :)

Gerritt.

I heard the comment about Montreal after the fight too, but it was hard to hear the words before Montreal came out. I think it might have been more of a 'GSP can take the belt back home to Montreal'. Canada doesn't have a sanctioning body that uses the unified MMA rules and therefore I don't think that you will see GSP defend his UFC belt in Montreal. I could be wrong, but AFAIK this would be the case, re sanctioning.

I think most of the fights were good... They wife and I are huge Fans of Pride and UFC..(shes a bigger fan than I .. I think...) although lately the UFC has been a bit better.. we used to watch the K1 stuff.. I liked that as it was ALL standup... dont see it much anymore..

Ill tell ya though when George won there was some hooting and hollering going on here... lol Avery said hed never seen me jump that high before!

To be honest I prefer Pride to the UFC... I consider UFC more in line with a circus or wrestling event I mean yes I like to watch the fights but the drama is overwhelming.. Where in Pride there is alot less posturing and Bull and the fighters have alot more respect..... now if only Pride would get rid of that crazy chick that announces the fighters... I just wanna give her a rear-naked choke.. K1is also a good view... anyman that can fight... and if he wins fight again and again in one night has my respect.

ok I will get off my soapbox now.

Gerritt.