First Real Chromer this Fall

StoneFly

Out hunting nookies this morning, not many around, so I decided to try one of my honey Steelhead holes, sure enough a couple were hanging out. Must have come in a couple weeks ago when the water was up. This is nowhere near any river mouth either. Not huge, 23" by 12" around 4lbs,..but Dang was it ever fun.

FirstFall-09chromer-2.jpg

FirstFall09chromer.jpg

:D:D:D

I can see the hoards of people coming already! :lol:

Lol,..if only hoards knew of the spot,..in 6 years I have only ever seen one other guy there.... B)

I really think it was a fluke, I mean the majority of the nooks haven't even come in yet.

Pray for Rain!!!!

Edited by StoneFly

That's a real nice chrome StoneFly B)

Congrats :clapping:

Leechman

Its a little shaker,...but it was a blast after after waiting since May,..I think a total fluke considering the waether this year,...havent heard of anyone catching a chromer in the river's yet this fall,...and I guarentee this location is HUSH,..hence why I posted it. B):P:D

Edited by StoneFly

Its a little shaker,...but it was a blast after after waiting since May,..I think a total fluke considering the waether this year,...havent heard of anyone catching a chromer in the river's yet this fall,...and I guarentee this location is HUSH,..hence why I posted it. B):P:D

Little or not it's still a nice one...... and COOL!!! your own piece of paradise.... I like that :)

Little or not it's still a nice one...... and COOL!!! your own piece of paradise.... I like that :)

Youuuuuuuuuuuuu betcha,.....lol...I will take the work and hike to my quiet spots with an early chromer here or there any old day of the week over the Boot Shoots.... ;) thats being said,..I cant help being loured over to the heavy hitters ...G'Dam...can we have one decent rain SOON!!!!????????

Did we have 10" of rain in August when it was too warm,...and now 3 weeks with NOTTA? just one storm,...is that toooo much to ask for? Geeeeeeeez...lol

Youuuuuuuuuuuuu betcha,.....lol...I will take the work and hike to my quiet spots with an early chromer here or there any old day of the week over the Boot Shoots.... ;) thats being said,..I cant help being loured over to the heavy hitters ...G'Dam...can we have one decent rain SOON!!!!????????

Did we have 10" of rain in August when it was too warm,...and now 3 weeks with NOTTA? just one storm,...is that toooo much to ask for? Geeeeeeeez...lol

your prayers have been answered ...i just penciled in rain for all of next week....no need to thank me cuz i need it too ....but feel free to send me some egg sucking leeches for the gratitude ;)

Seems extremely familiar to a river I've fished on numerous occasions :)

Nice fish, bring on the rain!!!

What Gave it away? The sand or the Weeds in the background? lol

Another from Today,..but a weeee bit smaller,..lol

close.jpg

Edited by StoneFly