Tarpus Maximus

Clampet

Well, added an extra 4 feet to the tarp wind shelter for a total of 12 feet long , by 6 feet high.

This update also incorporates 3 extra support paint roller poles for a total of 6, from the original three used on the 6 x 8 foot long Tarpus Erectus.

I also switched to special "One Wrap" velcro fasteners from the re-usable plastic "Tie Wraps" that were breaking off in the sub zero (-12C) temperatures.

Some of the pictures were taken by the Missus, so they do not give a good rendition of the actual length of this new Tarpus Maximus.

All in all both the Missus and I were quite happy with the outcome, giving us much more room, and even extra room should we have a couple of visitors.

The neighboring anglers advised that the Perch bite was off today, but I managed to scrape a few fer the table, so I did not go home empty handed, they are not big by any means, but they will not go to waste, as I have a deep appreciation for natures' bounty.

Started fishing 11:45 A.M. and left 3:00 P.M.

Tarpus Maximus 1st View

Feb_17_Tarp_Max1.jpg

Another angle notice x-tra poles..

Feb_17_Tarp_Max_3.jpg

The Velcro connection..

Feb_17_Velcro.jpg

My 1st Perch of the day, I was worried I wouldn't catch anything else so I thought I'd better take a picture of this little gaffer..

The neighboring Perch crew..

Feb_17_Neighbours.jpg

The final tally..

Feb_17_dozen_Perch.jpg

Edited by Clampet

Very nice Jed...suprising how much warmer it can be once you are out of the wind...

I had days when I could stay out longer while others were packing it in because of the wind...and I never had a heater...

Can that last section become a side flap in case you get one of those days when the wind keeps changing ?

Looking forward to checking it out on the 24th.

Can that last section become a side flap in case you get one of those days when the wind keeps changing ?..

Beans,

I would go to an even longer tarp (16 foot) if I were to "side flap" a section.

Wall Mart has the right price fer the tarp, and the extensible paint roller poles are 7$.95 ea.

The velcro is about 4 dollars for a pack of 8, and worth it.

I won't even consider sitting in a small hut ever again.

People have no idea what it is like behind the tarp, but I bet with time you will start seeing more of them. I'm happy to be the resurgent pioneer of tarpism.