can you believe this?

redneck666

Okay, here it is.... americans (from michigan) were checked at an mnr check station in northern ontario (agawa bay) and had an illegal possesion limit of 72 or 76 walleye! that of which was over the groups limit by 36 fish.... not only that, they had them illegaly packaged in a way that they were not readily available to be counted or indentified. people like that is the reason why the fisheries are going to hell. i would love to pass my love of fishing onto my kids some day but what would they think if their sitting there not catching fish?

oh ya and they got fined $7,200!

Edited by bigredneck

its on wawa-news.com today...

I read that as well and was shocked....there were a few good ones on the site today

shocked?..doesn't suprise me

i woul ban them from fishing up here for LIFE, Charge em, fine em.

end of story

but look at the tourist dollars we would miss

those are the ones that got caught .. how may slip thru without getting checked .. my guess .. lots

as far as there being no fish left up north .. its gonna take a whole lot more then a few bad apples to fish out those lakes .. besides the MNR now has the extra funding for patrols (if they even see any of the fine money)

Unbelievable... 36 fish over the limit

...i don't even know what to say.

Nobody needs that many fish. Bring back a few maybe a fish or 2 per person and have a nice meal.

Nothing that excessive should be allowed...question is, did they throw the fish in the garbage(waste) or did they give it back to the criminals...

There's no way they gave them the fish.

It was prob either disposed of, or given to the local community etc

Edited by LucG

as far as there being no fish left up north .. its gonna take a whole lot more then a few bad apples to fish out those lakes ..

That is the problem, people think this way and it's far from the truth. If people continue to do it our kids will tell you all about it when you are in the old age home.

A couple for dinner and leave the rest for me!

Nobody needs that many fish. Bring back a few maybe a fish or 2 per person and have a nice meal.

Nothing that excessive should be allowed...question is, did they throw the fish in the garbage(waste) or did they give it back to the criminals...

All the fish were seized and forfeited to the Crown

those are the ones that got caught .. how may slip thru without getting checked .. my guess .. lots

as far as there being no fish left up north .. its gonna take a whole lot more then a few bad apples to fish out those lakes .. besides the MNR now has the extra funding for patrols (if they even see any of the fine money)

believe me, the local fishing in some of the lakes you can drive into is horrible enough already!

What is the Limit per person, also say it is 3 fish per pers does that mean that one person can keep 21 Fish for one week when they leave home. I mean can you accumulate? By the way, when they opened up the Petawawa Training area for fishing after being closed forever, I heard of a pers (Probably a Soldier or Civilian Employee, caught by Range Control with 56 Bass in their Trunk. What Part of Canada they were from I will not say. But they were definitely not from the Province of Ontario. And they were charged in Civilian Court as well as Military. Probably a Military catch all Section 129 ( In that he acted unprofessionally in that he knowingly broke the law by Illegally harvesting Fish on DND Property) or something to that effect.

GCD, your on a roll! lol.......

no, not only americans poach in canada, some greedy selfish canadians like to keep loads of fish too and you'd be surprised at how many people of both countries slip through the cracks of the MNR. and ALOT of americans seem to own property up here in the soo.

I'm pretty darn sure that for a set posesion limit in ontario waters means that at any time your only aloud that many fish per person.