Annual trip up North Report

Another annual trip with my Son, Son-in-law who flew up from Georgia and a couple of buddies has come and gone again....this was my second trip this year up to Temagami and this one was a blast hanging out with the boyz....

Good eats, drinks, laughs and the odd fish ;) ....my buddy and I even got to portage into another lake this trip for some eyes....

We had great weather other than the Tuesday that bombarded us with a wicked West wind that kept us on the island with nothing much to do other than drink many pops and cocktails :whistling::thumbsup_anim: ....it's amazing how us older guys can still keep up with the young bloods...

Here's some pics of our trip....

IMG_0081.jpg

My son-in-law was determined to catch something off the dock.... :w00t:

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

The end of the bay where we started our portage...

IMG_0055.jpg

My buddy Steve who's like a strong pack mule...

IMG_0056.jpg

Our destination...

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Some more shots from the main Lake.....

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

My son and son-in-law chillin' out with a couple of beers enjoying the scenery :canadian:

IMG_0084.jpg

My son-in-law with his first Laker....

IMG_0087.jpg

Our home away from home for the week....

IMG_0088.jpg

A beautiful Northern sunset and my new Lowrance HDS-5 which is amazing!!!!!....

IMG_0090.jpg

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

nice fish...good old temagami lodge....looks like you guys had a great time..next time im up there will be for the hard water fishing...oh yah you guys do look old..lol

Hey Rob.....drop me a pm when you're headin up for the hard water fishing...I'm thinking about planning two trips this winter....one on Temagami and the other on Diamond Lake...

Steve

Great report and pics. I understand the jackets, that wind was nasty and cold eh. Almost couldn't get a break from the weather all week. But you made the best of it and got some nice fish, way to go.

Joey

Great report and pics. I understand the jackets, that wind was nasty and cold eh. Almost couldn't get a break from the weather all week. But you made the best of it and got some nice fish, way to go.

Joey

Thanks Joey....I didn't mind the jackets as much as the friggin' wierd wind.....one minute from the west, then south, then north.....I prefer cooler temps as there were minimal mosquitoes...

BEAUTIES!

trout master right there! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Thanks Kevin....you should come up with me next year!!....you would fall in love with this lake and there are huge smallies but I don't fish them!!

Excellent report, pics, and fish Steve!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Amazing to be able to see the rocks on the bottom when it's that windy, most lakes would be muddy.

That Georgia boy looks a little colder than the rest of y'all... I have the same problem when I travel to the Great White North too! ;)

Edited by GCD

Nice report Steve, looks like a great place to fish. Wish I could go up there some time.

How has the rest of the summer been going? I havent been up to the bay this year but once.

Hey Don,

The summer (WHAT SUMMER??????) has been hectic between work and getting things done around the house...I stripped and stained the entire cedar posts and rails around the deck this year which took forever using a 4 1/2" hand grinder.... :wallbash:

I'm sure we'll get together soon between fishing Quinte for eyes or here for the Muskies till ice up... ;):canadian: