Big Night Smallies

Cudz

Jaydub and I went out fishing this evening. We fished when there was light but I was just waiting for the sun to go down for the real action to begin and sure enough the Simcoe smalljaws did not disappoint.

We were both throwing the similar baits and things were going fine until I lost a big fish. I was pretty cool about it and kept fishing. Jaydub in the meantime is easily outfishing me 3 to 1.

Now I have another big fish on and close to the boat I let him jump and in the air he looks at me, smiles and spits the hook back at me. Are you kidding me? Second big fish lost.

Then Jaydub hits paydirt and lands a beauty. A new PB for him. I am happy for but I want my big fish. Sure enough I get my chance. Big hookset this time and tell Jaydub to get the net. It is big! I really stuck this one this time, no getting off the hook. Yeah right. This was a big fish and it tore the hook off the lure! Again, this must be a joke. I catch my fair share of big smallmouth to know that this was a big big fish. Anyway, I decide to change rods and go with a stiffer rod with 30 pound braid. Immediately it pays dividends and I manage to land a real Simcoe Hog.

After all was said and done, Jaydub outfished me handily catching about 3 times as many as I did, but my fish was a bit heavier :D

We didn't take that many pics because we didn't want to stop fishing.

I have never had a night like this. Without a word of exageration I lost 5 or 6 4+ pound smallies tonight. Makes me sick. I also had a lot of big fish miss my lure tonight. Too many to count.

Oh well, I will have to go get them another night.

Nice smallie for Jaydub

augnight1.jpg

Jaydub's new PB

augnight2.jpg

My big fish of the night

augnight3.jpg

Couldn't have put it better myself Cudz...story well told. That was definetly the best night fishing I've ever done! Lots of fish and TONS of hits! If anyones ever fished with Cudz, you'd know he doesn't miss many, so it was getting pretty funny by the 5th time when I'd hear; "this is a big one, @#$% lost it again" :angry: .

I thought for sure I had the biggest fish this time...but no, 11pm the hits are slowing down and I hear it again, this time we net the monster... and of course he beats mine by a good 1/2lb :o

Edited by jaydub