Greencoachdog

GbayGiant

You finally have the good ol' Loonie south of the boarder that you are calling the presidential coin, we all know it's really a Loonie, now quit making fun of us. :D jk

The George Washington $1 Coin marks the first of four Presidential $1 Coins to be released this year, with John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison to roll out later in 2007.

gallery_322_145_3617.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

I think they're more of a collectors item than anything, and they never go over too well. Vending machines won't take them, there isn't any place for them in a cash register drawer, and they're just too dang heavy to carry around... but maybe these will replace the dollar bill... I don't think so!

The vending machine and cash register companies will re-tool their coin slots really fast, and just bump up their prices a bit to offset the cost of the reconfiguration.

But the coins do last a lot longer than the bills, and that saves the whole economy a lot of money.

There will be counterfeits of course, but thats no different than the bills.

Carrying coins in your pocket is not that big of a deal, at least not to me.

They have tried this before with the Susan B Anthony dollar coin, didn't catch on then so I really don't know why this will work.

Then we had the two dollar bill that didn't work either.

Want kills me is most gas stations here won't accept a fifty dollar bill when it cost well over that to fill my truck up :dunno:

Just my nickels worth

Don't think it will work either.....UNLESS....they get rid of the $1 paper note.

The only time a coin will work is when there is no paper option...as long as the paper is here, no coin is going to work. I wish it would, I'm much rather have the coin....

dk

The vending machine and cash register companies will re-tool their coin slots really fast, and just bump up their prices a bit to offset the cost of the reconfiguration.

They didn't retool for the Susan B. Anthony or Sacagawea gold dollar, and they won't retool for these either... these are novelty collectors coins just like the others.

Edited by Greencoachdog

I think they're more of a collectors item than anything, and they never go over too well. Vending machines won't take them, there isn't any place for them in a cash register drawer, and they're just too dang heavy to carry around... but maybe these will replace the dollar bill... I don't think so!

Everyone up here said exactly the same thing, but look at what happened. Who knows, with the retooling and everything associated with the dollar coin maybe the econony will get a good swift kick in the ass and it will be saved!

Come to think of it didn't many people say the same thing when we went metric???

The best thing about the Loonie was taking a pocketful of them down to the states and selling them to the Americans for dollar for dollar-even exchange! SO many people thought they were such a novelty and just had to get some!! :clapping:

They did try to retool with the Susan B., but it didn't work... they couldn't get the machines to accept them. The machines would end up stealing your dollar or not working with any coins, it was such a pain they didn't even try with the Sacagawea dollar... maybe they'll try it again. I don't see the dollar bill going anywhere any time soon.