OFN QUINTE FISHING WEEKEND 2009 DATE??

fishhunter

hey Wayne can't we all vote to sleep in one morning....

you can hide his keys

Your to funny lol well you guys can sleep as long as you want. i have lots of pillows and blankets in the cuddy lol and ill even be nice i will not send you to wake up wayne in the morning i'll do it so you can sleep and extra 10 min lol

hey all just thought i'd let yas know the big eyes are starting to hit very well,down picton way,the cement plant up towards greens point is hot right now,im thinking your Road Trip(nov 13/14/15th if i have the dates right lol) is gonna be right on for monster eyes.

i hope all enjoy there great adventure and are all kept safe for a great week-end..

i look forward to your posts and pics of your Road Trip

taker easy and be safe

Hawg Hunter

Looking forward to catching up with a few of you out there this weekend....

My buddy Mark and I will be out in black/silver Lund w/yammy dragging boards.

Only problem out in the Reach this time of year is the increase of boat population and them that arent used to seeing folk with boards out...can be a real pain....aside from that the fishing is great right now.

See you out there.

Edited by brickNblock

Future weather looks not too bad, except for the 40 kph winds on Saturday. But the weatherman isn't always right is he.

Picton Long Term Forecast

its the only job you can have be wrong 90% of the time and keep your job lol That is way to far to say anything about wind. most times 1 to 2 days its not bad any farther nost times its wrong!!

Well, this is going to be the strangest "GTG" I've been involved with! As we have found a way to GTG, well, sort of!

Let's see, we have folks staying at Perfect View, Merlands, the Sportsman in Picton, Deseronto and well probably some other places that I'm not even aware of... should we really call it a GTG or should we call it a semi-gathering?

HH

Fishing this past weekend was pretty slow, but it might have been the outstanding weather we had! Not exactly your typical Walleye weather with glass calm conditions and high sunny skies!

We did manage a couple though, here's my biggest for the weekend.

101_0917Medium.jpg

Not that you guys already don't know what works, but we caught our fish on deep diving crank baits, primarily TD30 and Reef Runners, typical colours. Good luck this weekend!

Tony

101_0945Medium.jpg

COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR BETTER FISHING WEATHER ON SUNDAY. FISHING IN A T-SHIRT AND LOTS OF FISH TO BOOT. FISH WERE ON SUNNY WEATHER PATTERN AND THEY HAD THE FEED BAG ON BIG TIME.

Good Job!

They weren't on big-time where we were trolling though :o

One of the biggest things I see and hear from people is that they fish deep. Fish may be deep but the thing to remember is fish always look up.Its better to fish 10 to 20 feet above them at times and have them come to you. Active fish will rise 20 feet no problem to hit a bait. It does not always work but for me 80% of the time. Also its the best way to ensure they dont get the bends. If i have clients that want to keep a big fish I have no problem going below 25-30 feet but if they dont want I never go below no matter how slow the fishing is. To kiil a big fish for the sake of putting a client in fish is way to high a price to pay for me. I teach all my clients that how important it is to not fish in the kill zone unless you plan on keeping that fish. I also never put a fish on a scale if its a catch and release fish. One fast pic with the camera ready before fish is in the boat to save on fish out of water time then back into the water. I try and never let clients hold fish by the gills always try and cup under the fins to ensure no damage is done. I have a tool i use to help in lifting the fish that stays away from the gills and allows me to pass off the fish with no harm to its gills. If any one needs help with set ups or baits I will try and help you out as much as I can. ill be on the water from wed till sunday working lots of water and trying some new baits I got sent to me for testing. My boat will be leaving at 6:15 so see me before or at the end of the day. I'm on B docks. Hope everyone has a great time and look forward to meeting lots of people this weekend. Oh by the way Wayne Terry and Dano I put 3 pillows on the boat so you can all nap lol and yes you have to get up at 5am lol

heres what it looks like

Friday, Nov 13 More Details 03.gif Partial sunshine. Winds from the E at 9 . Realfeel®: 11 °C High: 10 °C Friday Night, Nov 13 More Details 38.gif Mostly cloudy. Winds from the SE at 17 . Realfeel®: -1 °C

Saturday, Nov 14 More Details 06.gif Mostly cloudy. Winds from the S at 17 . Realfeel®: 9 °C High: 11 °C Saturday Night, Nov 14 More Details 08.gif Cloudy with a passing shower. Winds from the WSW at 11 . Realfeel®: 3 °C Low: 4 °C

Sunday, Nov 15 More Details 06.gif Mainly cloudy with a shower possible. Winds from the NW at 14 . Realfeel®: 5 °C High: 8 °C Sunday Night, Nov 15 More Details 36.gif Clearing. Winds from the NNW at 20 . Realfeel®: -4 °C