So it's Sunday morning

Big Cliff

I spent most of yesterday working but finally got a chance to install the new electronics on the boat, I had a lot of help from the whole gang here and after a LOT of research and talking to Lowrance Tech support several times and being assured that they had sorted out the bugs, decided to go with the HDS 5. Boy am I impressed! I got it all hooked up yesterday and then Peter came over and checked it out for me and gave me a few pointers. I didn't get a chance to do any fishing last night but we did go across the lake for dinner with some friends and I couldn't believe the detail.

So, bright and early this morning I decided it is time to get out there and see what this thing can do, I have never seen anything like it, fast, clear, incredable detail and to top it all off I'm out there 5 minutes and land my first :thumbsup_anim: walleye in the new boat, then along comes Peter with a Tim's coffee and a bluberry muffin for me, now this guy knows how to impress someone, he even rememberd exactly how I like it! First time I've ever had a Tim's delivered to me out on the water :thumbsup_anim: Thank you once again Peter!

We kind of went our own seperate ways for a bit, I brought one small muskie to the boat and managed to release it at boat side, had another one on for a couple of minutes then it spit the hook and lost one more small walleye. Not bad for an hour and a half fishing. (a lot of which was spent fooling around with the new equipment)

Anyway, it was really nice to see Peter again and with any luck at all we are going to try to get out and catch some fish tomorrow evening.

I'm really happy for you Cliff. Good on ya. Lowrance is hard to beat. Mine is like having a camera in the water and an eye in the sky on the sats.

I was very impressed with Marc's set up when I saw it but had been advised by a very trusted sourse that the HDS units still had some bugs. It seems though that they have sorted them out.

Sinker, you know you are welcome any time!!!!

LOL, No CPH, Andy was still all warm and cozy in bed with Mom.

Geeze...some guys have all the fun...all I got to do was, lose two carp over at Carp Point and land a monster that took me about close to twenty minutes to subdue...had to sit down on a hard old rock for the second half of the fight...my arm was getting sore and my back was getting "ouchy"...maybe twenty-five pounds... :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again for getting my lawn tractor running... :clapping:

Edited by Beans