Fishing Superstitions

Twocoda

OK so as fisherman we all carry a little hidden secret to our arsenal of tackle ...is it a certain lure,shirt,undergarment,technique ...what exactly makes the "fish Gods" shine on your bait to out fish your buddies...????

Use your own discretion on what ya want to donate to this thread...

For me i have so many that i couldn't possibly list them all.... but will say ...when i fish with worms ..i spray WD 40 on them ...it makes them sweet and i seem to turn more fish then most...also my socks NEVER match each other...

Have atter , have fun and shine the light for the new people that want to know how to be as good as you ....

OK so as fisherman we all carry a little hidden secret to our arsenal of tackle ...is it a certain lure,shirt,undergarment,technique ...what exactly makes the "fish Gods" shine on your bait to out fish your buddies...????

Use your own discretion on what ya want to donate to this thread...

For me i have so many that i couldn't possibly list them all.... but will say ...when i fish with worms ..i spray WD 40 on them ...it makes them sweet and i seem to turn more fish then most...also my socks NEVER match each other...

Have atter , have fun and shine the light for the new people that want to know how to be as good as you ....

i never have luck when i fish with ginger kids..

i dont know what it is, but if there's a red head in my boat, no one on it is getting anything..

simple solution for the red head syndrome...sunny days reds can ONLY drink mountain dew on the boat and must wear sb50 or greater sunblock ...on cloudy days ...eat only plumbs and nectarines ....drinks dont matter but the red headed person MUST still wear sunblock...

I think I posted this in the last superstions thread I think.

If you get to your favourite lake and see this.....you might as well turn around and go home cause you just ain't gunna have a good day.

clouds.jpg

Whenever I take my shoes and socks off, and dip my big toe into the water, the fish seem to 'pop' to the surface.

......Okay, I am going on holidays starting tomorrow and I couldn't resist acting a bit foolish.

see its sunny out and i bet she has sunblock on and the PFD overrides the mountain dew....

adorable young lady ....ill never get over the magic of a childs face while holding a fish ...good for her

Ginger Kids are no problem...

Nataliecrop004.jpg

Natsbigday009.jpg

Natsbigday003.jpg

Natsbigday008.jpg

Unless you're fishing behind them!!!

there's always a few exceptions to the rule garry.. though if you put her in my boat she wouldnt be pulling out nice fish like that.. ;)

Edited by Bitsmith2k

No bananas in the boat.

All found lures are already lucky, since I didn't have to pay for them.

Dragonfly landing on your rod tip is good luck and catching a sunfish is good luck.

Catching a fish on the first cast is usually the only one I'll catch that trip.

Some good chuckles here. Mine's a bit more serious.

We lost our son Rob a couple of years ago (25 yrs. old). He loved to fish ever since he was a little gaffer and never got to do enough of it.

Whenever my wife and I go fishing we always take a laminated picture of him and prop it up on the dashboard of the boat. We like to think he's led some nice fish onto the ends of our lines.

I hope this doesn't put a damper on the fun stuff here, but that's my superstition.

Edited by Jocko