R.I.P. Martin Streek

Joey

Wow, I usually don't care when celeb types die, but alt rock was such a big part of my life in high school and early adulthood, and Martin Streek's voice has been imprinted into my mind because of it. Never met the guy, but this is like losing a piece of my youth. RIP brother

My teenage years were intertwined with CFNY. All the roadshows. Anyone remember Sunday nights at RPM with Chris Sheppard? Oh the memories..............and the girlies!!

Yep, I was running the lights. :D

Don't forget the Live Earl Jive and Beverly Hills Friday night gig. :lol:

My teenage years were intertwined with CFNY. All the roadshows. Anyone remember Sunday nights at RPM with Chris Sheppard? Oh the memories..............and the girlies!!

Remember? Who can forget! :D

That's too bad about Martin. He was definitely an alt rock icon in this city. I don't listen to it that much anymore, but CFNY was a great station in it's day. A lot of programming innovations that a lot of other stations are copying now. I especially like(d) Allan Cross's "History of New Rock".

Remember? Who can forget! :D

That's too bad about Martin. He was definitely an alt rock icon in this city. I don't listen to it that much anymore, but CFNY was a great station in it's day. A lot of programming innovations that a lot of other stations are copying now. I especially like(d) Allan Cross's "History of New Rock".

rbell, fyi, you can buy Alan's Cross' History of rock cd at any music store. I bought one for Paul for Christmas. Not sure how many there are at this point, but the first installation came out late last year.

Joey

rbell, fyi, you can buy Alan's Cross' History of rock cd at any music store. I bought one for Paul for Christmas. Not sure how many there are at this point, but the first installation came out late last year.

Joey

Good to know! Thanks Joey!

wow this is a blast from the past. Roadshows at highschool dances, Ontario Place held them for a summer or two as well I think. Unfortunate news. Not sure if there is anything comparable today to what CFNY did through the 80's...not to mention they would play my beloved RAMONES

wow this is a blast from the past. Roadshows at highschool dances, Ontario Place held them for a summer or two as well I think. Unfortunate news. Not sure if there is anything comparable today to what CFNY did through the 80's...not to mention they would play my beloved RAMONES

And the Pistols, Talking Heads, NewYork Dolls, Teenage Head, B52's, Iggy................................................

Edited by DRIFTER_016