I need...

kemper

A spinnerbait supplier.

Not looking to buy full baits, I want to purchase parts and make them myself. I am sick and tired of paying 5 to 8 bucks for a spinnerbait that I can make myself. Have found a few options in kits but it seems like once you pay for shipping its costing 5 bucks a bait anyways.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Kemper

There are quite a few out there. I've used Stamina quite often. If you do a search do it for "Stamina fishing tackle" or you'll get some interesting but unitended results. I buy most of my harness blades and hooks there, but the sell all kinds of components for luremaking, as well as soft baits. If you are interested in pouring your own swim baits try Larry Dahlberg's website. Pretty neat stuff there.

Is it really cheaper to make your own baits? I mean, you have to purchase your own tools and material. Isn't it cheaper if you buy it already made? The only way it would pay off is if you use a lot of baits or want to sell them to someone. I would add that it is much more fun to fish on a bait you made and you can take more pride in it when you catch a fish.

Edited by LargeBass

Guest gbfisher

Luremaking.com has all that you need as do the other sites that have been mentioned.

5 to 8 per bait isnt that bad. Dont get into Musky fishing or you'll break your bank.... :lol:

Average cost is from 20 to 100 per lure.

Good luck and above all...have fun!.....

Edited by gbfisher

I deal quite a lot with Luremaking.com. Go to their site and look through their stuff. You can also download their catalogue. They have tutorial pages as well. They really are super friendly folks to deal with and very efficient. They are also a sponsor of this community.

The others mentioned above are all good too.....a lot of my friends use them and they seem to be doing ok.

Good luck!

Is it really cheaper to make your own baits? I mean, you have to purchase your own tools and material. Isn't it cheaper if you buy it already made? The only way it would pay off is if you use a lot of baits or want to sell them to someone. I would add that it is much more fun to fish on a bait you made and you can take more pride in it when you catch a fish.

Sure has been cheaper for me. I go through 100+ jigs, 20 odd bucktails, at least 50 harnesses a season. Then there's the rest of my family :P Also make a lot of tackle for others to help pay for this addiction called fishing.

There is a specific sense of pride and accomplishment when the lures you make work. You also get it the way you want it. I make a wire harness to keep the pike on, with a bucktail as added attraction

As for spinnerbaits, I don't produce my own, but I've found a decent local maker. The lures work, run true and cost no more than $4-5.

The folks at Luremaking have kept me happy.