An introduction

backbay

Hi gang:

I've lurked here since April, when I was trying to cope with the fact that it was still three weeks till Pike opener, and I was all revved up with no place to go! I've returned to fishing after being away from it for many years, but I was an avid fisherman in my youth. Anyway, I got the call today from my pal and we're off to the Moon River area this weekend, hope I can report back with lots of pics. GREAT site, by the way, this must be the best fishing community out there.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Roy, that pic was taken last summer, same place I'm headed this weekend. The weather had been great, and we decided to stay over Sunday night, and go home early Monday. I caught it not long before dusk; so glad we stayed up. The best of everything always seems to happen on Sunday after everyone's headed home!

Hi Jedi: For sure I'm going to strap on some bigger baits and see how it works out, and I may do some late-day trolling after dinner. We'll be after pike for the most part, but I have a couple of spots I want to try for 'skis.

Thanks, guys, giant baits indeed, we'll be throwing, or towing them, for sure. Gonna bring up some cat food for the minnow trap just in case it gets tough. the weather even looks fairly decent.

Now, if Detroit can just close the deal..........