How many oars do I need? 1 or 2?

nancur373

I did actually. With a 94% grade. Why do you see fit to bash a guy for making sure he is legal and safe.

Well it seems that a litle bit of sarcasm didn't fit the bill so I'll explain a bit further. Like others said, you can go to the Safety Site and find out the answer. Although it says you only need one oar or paddle on board, I could sacastically say that there's nothing illegal about paddling or rowing around in circles. Furthermore it also says, you may need an anchor with chain or rope, but it doesn't give any specs on the rope or chain so I suppose you could use your other halfs gold neck chain or some flimsy rope. When the occassion happens that you need to save your bacon, I would suggest that it's a bit more efficient to row with 2 oars, or having a sturdy piece of rope or chain for the anchor to keep from drifting away. It appears there's still a bit of distance between legal and safe. The end.

I think its called sculling ,when you propel the boat with one oar but its a bit of a lost art and I sure wouldn't want to start to learn it in a hurry in bad weather.

Anchor or oar is just another dumb thing, anchor should be mandatory.

I guess the answer is do you want to use it or hold it up for the cops to look at.