Plans gone soggy

Well looks like the Walleye opener for these parts will be a washout.

Enough rain already lets have some stable weather :lol:

May break down and do some shore fishing tomorrow or Sunday.

What is everyone elses plan B? :lol:

If you think your wawa is screwed up Jeff... you should see mine!!!

Lake Henry is liquid mud and is having the bottom sucked out of it Quickly!!!... a good 2' below full pool!!! :angry:

Logan Martin is a raging torrent of liquid mud, 3' Above full pool and moving at Mach 3!!! :rolleyes:

My plan "B":

Well, I had hoped to have my shore line repaired and my docks in but!

The above average high water and strong winds this spring tore all my cribbing out and caused a lot of erosion.

I tried to get a permit from Trent Severen Waterways to repair it but all they would say is "apply for a permit but we are several months behind". :wallbash: I finally managed to get a letter from the Ministry of Fisheries authorizing me to do emergency shore line stabilization (got it within two days) and prevent further damage both to my shore and to the lake.

I hired a contractor (there goes a couple of grand I hadn't budgeted for), he was supposed to be here this past week but he still hasn't shown up. So, here I am with no docks, no way to put them in until the shore line is repaired, no way to get in and out of my boat so I guess for me plan "B" will be shore fishing this evening. Oh well, could be worse, I might have had to go to plan "C".

As long as you don't get thunder storms, rain, wind and overcast is the BEST walleye weather you could ask for. A good muggy, windy day is walleye heaven. Once that cold front clears and the rain is gone and replaced with mile high sunny sky's you're in trouble. Yea it's a nice day to be out in the boat but the fishing is going to suck.

As long as you don't get thunder storms, rain, wind and overcast is the BEST walleye weather you could ask for. A good muggy, windy day is walleye heaven. Once that cold front clears and the rain is gone and replaced with mile high sunny sky's you're in trouble. Yea it's a nice day to be out in the boat but the fishing is going to suck.

Bingo! It's not rays your trying to catch. ;)

What, you scared of a little rain?? :dunno:

If I wasn't working, I'd be out in it for sure.........its tradition!!! A bit of rain has never delayed my fishin plans!!!!

Get er done!!!

Sinker

If only we had just "a little rain"!

flood001.jpg

The thing floating in the middle of the pic is the floating end of the launch dock. :rolleyes:

I hate to tell you this but what you have there is a water thief. You must stake out the area in the middle of the night (best times midnight until 4am) and wait for the water thief to show. Once captured you have to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Let us know how you make out......... :P

Plan A nixed by g/f.......she won't let me fish until the afternoon, I suck. whipped.gif

Plan B nixed by the fish......after a week of blanks I don't believe there are any pike in Hamilton Bay. Or sheepshead. Or catfish. Again......I suck.

Plan C is one of desperation, total lack of faith in my abilities to catch any form of gamefish, too much of a procrastinator to have actually bought a boat when there wasn't a million other things to do, so my shorebound arse is stuck soaking baits in a last feeble attempt to hook anything that will pull..................

summercorn.jpg