ear protection for kids

A friend is thinking of bringing his 4 year old to a monster truck rally. Where do you get ear plugs and or muffs for small heads???

Your best bet is the ear muffs .Go to a hardware store and by the muffs I found some for $4.99.

We have been to the Monster trucks several times the muffs are the most comfortable.

I tried ear plugs the first time the kiddies found them uncomfortable and they some time fell out.

Remember kids can get ear infections quite easily so muffs is the way to go.

foam plugs open or closed cell would be alright from CTC / HomeDepot / hardware store. Just remember that they are meant to be disposable (1-2 uses only). The have different sizes with the closed cell plugs.

those red or orange noise muffs would be helpful as long as they fit properly. they can be fit over the noise plugs as long as the plugs don't stick out too much and cause discomfort.

if the child has custom swim plugs, they will work too.

Stan

And remember that a kid's ear canal is smaller creating more resonance in the canal causing the sound to be louder than what we adults hear. Make sure the protection is worn properly too!

I've seen a few too many 20's and 30's yr olds lately with music / noise induced loss.